• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People will go with what suits them personally. A junior SW guy headed for USair? I could see that if he wanted a east coast base immediately, and probably throughout the rest of his career. Trying to hold an east coast base while on the bottom of the SW list right now is almost impossible.

If it works for him and his family, then I say good luck and I hope it works out. Same is true for anyone making a major move like that. It comes down to personal preferences, and obviously getting the call from the new airline.

People will go with what suits them personally. A junior SW guy headed for USair? I could see that if he wanted a east coast base immediately, and probably throughout the rest of his career. Trying to hold an east coast base while on the bottom of the SW list right now is almost impossible.

If it works for him and his family, then I say good luck and I hope it works out. Same is true for anyone making a major move like that. It comes down to personal preferences, and obviously getting the call from the new airline.

Our FAT FO that went his reasons. His wife is employed by USair and IIRC lives in Charlotte. He was pretty bitter over the merger. He is a SWA hater...in a big way. Good for him recognizing that he would be happier elsewhere.

I had a FedEx jumpseater recently that said he had left SWA since he was way junior. I believe he was one of the guys in the SWA pool when the merger was announced. I understood his move and wished him luck.

Phred

Last edited:
One thing nobody has mentioned here is that SW has room to grow while the legacies have already grown. SW is just now getting out of the continental US. Chew on that.

I pray that DL hires every tranny that wants to go...

I'm excited to stay at SWA, so save your prayers for when you fly with me. They don't call me Captain (soon to be SWA/FO) ASAP for nothing.....

Last edited:
He has no idea. He's not a DL pilot, as I have proven on another thread, and just acknowledging this doosh just gives him human rights, neither of which (s)he deserves!
I'll say it again, GL is a plant used by FI to flush out more posts. More posts, more money in ads. There, I just helped out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back