SWA Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another point.

More than likely, most of us dreamed of becoming airline pilots because of the wide-body aircraft and the exotic routes. Pay had nothing to do with it. I know my first aircraft ride on PAN AM (JFK-CDG-JFK) was what started my obsession with becoming an Airline PIlot (Age 5).

Although I think SWA is exceptional, I did not want to fly 737, 3-6 legs a day. My goal was to fly a 747 one leg and have a 3 day sit!!!! Sometimes we dont get what we want, so we do what we can to enjoy our lives.

Things have changed! I fly for a second-rate carrier working for a low class CEO and I only dream of eating Sundaes on a flight from Jfk-Cdg!

Enjoy what you have. You could be in my shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CYA

Honestly, they are always good. Most of the time I get asked "which topping would you like? Caramel, Hot Fudge, or Strawberry?" And I usually say "All three, please." That, while looking at icebergs near Greenland, really makes me NOT want to fly to El Paso. But hey, their trips are efficient... Take care.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Enjoy. Have one for me.

CYA

I'm telling you, he doesn't work for DAL. I know him from an earlier company we both worked for. I'm not going to flat out "out" someone by name. But trust me, he's not who he says he is. Sorry general. Or, your welcome I suppose, for me not saying more

Hate so say that I can actually agree with GL but.....

I remember a post someone left here about a vision of multi day RON in Rome with 12 beautiful women and instead here in LAX or PVD with 2 gay guys and their grandmother.

Got into this biz as I loved to fly and wanted to see the world on their dime. Got to see the world for a little while with beautiful women. Today living the life of that of a highly paid regional pilot with great "relative" job security, a fat 401K/profit sharing. GREAT outfit with GREAT people but it is a job. While I am sure the Nigerian thing would get a little old as well as flying on the backside of the clock all the time.

There are trade offs in everything in life. As far as a JOB, could not have asked for a better gig. If I had my druthers, would rather be bored in Lisbon than Lubbock. Still at the end of the day, it is all about the $$ isn't it? I am sure IF and when DL gets back in the game, all we will hear about from GL is how much $$ he is making and how many French w************************* ( I mean boys) he can afford.

Bus

What a useless thread. Maybe someday a SWA Hiring/poolies thread will actually have some info about SWA hiring.

What a concept. Ya know, I think I can speak for most of the poolies when I say that we really don't give a rats-a$$ about the Jr. High crap that goes on in these threads. We'll know if the company starts hiring when we get called.

Bottom line is, if SWA hasn't flushed the pool thus far, they probably won't which means that SOMEDAY we'll all be working for the a pretty darn good company with a pretty darn good payscale. I wish those of you hoping to someday get an interview all the best!

I'm telling you, he doesn't work for DAL. I know him from an earlier company we both worked for. I'm not going to flat out "out" someone by name. But trust me, he's not who he says he is. Sorry general. Or, your welcome I suppose, for me not saying more

Again, say what???? You knew me from where? Whatever dude, keep saying that to yourself, which doesn't make it true. Oh wait, maybe you are right, I am DR. PHIL. PM me and tell me "who I am." This will be a classic.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hate so say that I can actually agree with GL but.....

I remember a post someone left here about a vision of multi day RON in Rome with 12 beautiful women and instead here in LAX or PVD with 2 gay guys and their grandmother.

Got into this biz as I loved to fly and wanted to see the world on their dime. Got to see the world for a little while with beautiful women. Today living the life of that of a highly paid regional pilot with great "relative" job security, a fat 401K/profit sharing. GREAT outfit with GREAT people but it is a job. While I am sure the Nigerian thing would get a little old as well as flying on the backside of the clock all the time.

There are trade offs in everything in life. As far as a JOB, could not have asked for a better gig. If I had my druthers, would rather be bored in Lisbon than Lubbock. Still at the end of the day, it is all about the $$ isn't it? I am sure IF and when DL gets back in the game, all we will hear about from GL is how much $$ he is making and how many French w************************* ( I mean boys) he can afford.

Bus

I don't need any "boys" like some others on here, but you are right, DL will get back in the game, and it will be good. Everyone has a choice to pursue an airline, and it sometimes takes luck to get that interview. I make fun of SWA for the long days and certain layovers, but overall it is a good airline where you can make great money. My key point is that the higher money can come and go, and what is left is variety in life, or not. That can be worth just as much as the big bucks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Honestly, they are always good. M" That, while looking at icebergs near Greenland, really makes me NOT wost of the time I get asked "which topping would you like? Caramel, Hot Fudge, or Strawberry?" And I usually say "All three, please.ant to fly to El Paso. But hey, their trips are efficient... Take care.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I bet 100/1 your a fat pig. JMO

I bet 100/1 your a fat pig. JMO

BBBBWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Thats pretty funny. However, I think most airline pilots are fat pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ugly too.

CYA

Latest resources

Back