• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa hawaii update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's funny. Just jump seated on Allegiant and as we pushed back saw 2 Alaska, 1 American, 1 United and 2 WestJet at their gates. Guess what, all 737's.

Right next to our UAL 757's/767's and 777's that make up the majority of our Hawaii flights. 737's are just fillers in the schedule.

Right next to our UAL 757's/767's and 777's that make up the majority of our Hawaii flights. 737's are just fillers in the schedule.

You still do them. Quite a bit actually

7 Ual flights LAX-SFO
4 use 737's

1 of 5 737 on the sfo-HNL route

2 of 3 sfo-ogg= 737
2 of 4 lax-ogg

No 737's on your 2 lax-koa flights, but 1 of 2 sfo-koa use a 73

I don't have all night, but it Seems like it's more than just filler from the west coast man

Well, economics intersects at some point-
Like all those small communities that wanted jets and used to have 5 turboprops a day linking them- now have little to no service
Seems like people may not like 737 service transcon or to Hawaii compared to a widebody - but it doesn't mean it won't work.

I've listened to more than one passenger bemoan why we don't have 777's going from LAX-SFO

I don't know which of those ideas I hate worse-
Another acquisition of a super young carrier with captains younger than me- who has routes where we want to grow-
Or the merger with Alaska that will have to be a mere combination of strong carriers

At least Alaska guys aren't so young -
Piss on both those ideas
If another is announced- the junior FOs will not be remotely so quiet as last time-Face it- senior FOs got upgrades out of air tran at THE EXPENSE of SWA junior FOs.

Yuk. I'm disappointed in us. Good thing they are only shorter flights.

You do understand that the passenger cabins are the same on the 75 and 73, correct?

Latest resources

Back