• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa hawaii update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More ********************ters in the 75 cabin correct? Makes all the difference on a 5 hour flight...

More passengers in the 75 cabin correct?

I don't know which of those ideas I hate worse-
Another acquisition of a super young carrier with captains younger than me- who has routes where we want to grow-
Or the merger with Alaska that will have to be a mere combination of strong carriers

At least Alaska guys aren't so young -
Piss on both those ideas
If another is announced- the junior FOs will not be remotely so quiet as last time-Face it- senior FOs got upgrades out of air tran at THE EXPENSE of SWA junior FOs.

You are right there Wave, mergers benefit a few who line their pockets in the deal, but employees generally pay for it. Which is why I'm surprised you were talking up a merger with HA, we have 5 year widebody Captains you would go below as well as at least some F/O's

A) I don't talk it up like I want it to happen.
I don't believe that my posts on FI have any impact whatsoever on what happens. I just view us buying HAL as about a 15-20% chance of happening.
JMO.

But....No I wouldn't dan-

Why would you believe you'd get a better integration than air tran?
Isn't that showing an awful lot of the arrogance that you claim we have towards air tran?

Regardless of what they may say here (remember all the air tran posters here who WANTED SWA to buy them until it actually happened?) I wouldn't expect 1 air tran pilot to vote yes on anything that gives another airline a better integration than what they got- and frankly I don't blame them. It's just as unrealistic to think you guys won't get DOH minus 3-5 years as it was for any air tran pilot to think they'd get slotted in above Morris pilots who were stapled.
If anything you'd get the same or less than air tran.

Last edited:
HI rumored announcement grows exponentially in relation to the amount the company wants a signed contract.

Exactly-
They'll use Hawaii.

Please spread that too. Swa absolutely will tie this contract to the draw if Hawaii-
Which is pretty silly

The flying isn't that great to there

Who's the arrogant one?

You're already telling us how we'd be integrated... Geez, can't figure out why SWA is getting the reputation it's getting.

In some ways the General is gaining more respect through your arrogant posts

Answer the question then-

Whether it's you, or JetBlue or Alaska etc-

Do you really think another airline should get a more favorable integration than air tran?

Separate question: do you think it's realistic ?

JMO dude, I've never had any illusions that I speak for any other SWA pilot, much less think the SWA people on FI represent the whole group.

I'm one of the biggest trolls on here and you judge all of Swapa ???
That's smart

Wave, you asked why would we get a better integration then AirTran? Because we bring widebody flying to the table, because we have better career expectations as defined by past court cases and most of all we would have no problem fighting it out in court. Gary's little threat to AirTran about operating them separately would be music to our ears!
Domestic 737 flying is viewed quite differently than International widebody flying in any arbitration.

Latest resources

Back