• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope we, especially leadership, remembers that one Howie

There IS brand loyalty-
But it's fickle at best

Here, let me fix that for ya..

brand loyalty is -------- nonexistent in the airline business.
:puke:

What makes you think we'll GO TO the islands from the mainland with the 73? If that were the case we'd be there now,

I'm giving you pineapple street cred by saying that SWA wouldn't try to compete head to head with HA instead they would more than likely buy them. Make sure they did a big koolie fest WON LUV campaign like they did with the trannies and once the paint jobs are all gone the only thing people will do is remember fondly of the airline that was.

Is pineapple street creed a good thing or a bad thing? :)

Dan,
You clearly want to establish ...something... With these posts.
If we do go to Hawaii, why would you think it would have anything to do with HAL. Every major airline goes there. For a reason.
I'm sure we'll find the way to serve it that works for us.

And buying Hawaiian would be an almost completely separate strategic move.
Time will tell.
But your posts are telling my friend.
You're worried and defensive about a possible purchase.
Where Room is usually over aggressive, he's spot on in this thread. We wouldn't try and go inter island against you.

As I've said many times, when it's an HA string I enjoy piping in. You are reading way to much into my posts. I really am not even remotely concerned about SWA for 2 reasons, the chances of us merging are minute and if you do fly here we will still be full and so will you. What's really at stake for all the airlines coming here in the future is going to be hotel room availability. You offer any fare you want but if they can't get a place to stay it won't matter.

One thing is for certain. And I'm dealing with just facts here.....Compared to HA a/c.............SWA airplanes are UUUUGGGGLLYYYY

I dare any SWA guy to dispute that....

Now back to your regularly scheduled program of pretending to be the CEO of your company.

One thing is for certain. And I'm dealing with just facts here.....Compared to HA a/c.............SWA airplanes are UUUUGGGGLLYYYY

I dare any SWA guy to dispute that....

Now back to your regularly scheduled program of pretending to be the CEO of your company.

Someone has to!

Tell you what Dan, I'll pitch a fastball on your behalf. HAL gets the A321 NEOs up and rolling in what, 2017? You watch. HAL will either codeshare up the wazoo or merge with Virgin America / JetBlue (you already codeshare with both, correct?); adding that to the widebody service and cargo on the A330 will equal Cash Cash CASH!!! If SWA enters that fray it will become a bloodbath. But you know what? The loser will be..... Alaska. HAL will maintain it's higher-end customer base with free food and first class, while SWA will maintain it's dirt-cheapskate customer base and do well, too. Leaving Alaska with..... well I don't know but they have deep pockets and are not dumb, so will probably fall back or die trying. I wish them good luck. Maybe HAL will have an opportunity to buy Alaska and REALLY give SWA hell!!

Last edited:
Maybe HAL will have an opportunity to buy Alaska and REALLY give SWA hell!!

Please do!!!

Then the "real men"can show us the proper way to do a SLI!

:D

Latest resources

Back