• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA going against McCaskill Bond?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's right, Kaka! BTW, I'm working on a green pistachio blend just for you! I'll let you know in about 8 hours when it's ready!

8 hours for ice cream, are you kidding? My understanding is the best pistachios come from Sicily, Bronssoni (sp) or something like that. Pistachio is my favorite as is espresso.

8 hours for ice cream, are you kidding? My understanding is the best pistachios come from Sicily, Bronssoni (sp) or something like that. Pistachio is my favorite as is espresso.

That ship has sailed my friend, the Southwest tool bags have closed down my ice cream stand.

Man, if the public read some of this stuff I don't know if they would ever fly again. They think we're professionals when in reality we're a bunch of whiny, jealous, petty,mudslinging immature prima donnas who can't even get along with each other. Sometimes I read this stuff and it makes me sick that I even work in this "profession." I work for one of these companies but a percentage of pilots on both sides should be ashamed of themselves for some of what they've said here (and in other venues) and how they feel about their coworkers. Plenty of pilots here wish ill-will on the people on the other side (and in some cases those on their own side) that they should have the most in common with, it's disgusting. Yes, we work for the same corporation and are on the same team but you sure wouldn't know it here as we rub our hands together and hope that the "other side" loses. Professional people are supposed to be able to work through differences in a professional, adult manner. This is like a bunch of angry children fighting over who gets to play with a toy. Most people I know believe I work in profession worthy of trust and respect, if they only know the truth about us.

While I'm on my soapbox the actions of this management team are flawed as well. They are supposed to be unbiased pros and be building unity, cooperation and mutual respect but they took a side, tried to force an outcome and are only helping to instill anxiety and division with their "communications" and creating a huge distraction for the employees that they trust to be in charge of the customer's lives. Instead of acting like a professional management team they are acting like frustrated children having a temper tantrum because they didn't get exactly what they wanted immediately. They should be trying to pour water on the fire but they are throwing gasoline on instead. They are sowing the seeds of mutual distrust and resentment that will last for years, I believe they took on a task that they are not qualified to manage. If the "culture" of the future combined corporation is poisonous they will bear the brunt of the blame for the inability to mold two seperate operations into a cohesive team. Where is the leadership here, where is the voice of calm and reason? The pilots groups may act like children but these folks are supposed to be the adults.

Man, if the public read some of this stuff I don't know if they would ever fly again. They think we're professionals when in reality we're a bunch of whiny, jealous, petty,mudslinging immature prima donnas who can't even get along with each other. Sometimes I read this stuff and it makes me sick that I even work in this "profession." I work for one of these companies but a percentage of pilots on both sides should be ashamed of themselves for some of what they've said here (and in other venues) and how they feel about their coworkers. Plenty of pilots here wish ill-will on the people on the other side (and in some cases those on their own side) that they should have the most in common with, it's disgusting. Yes, we work for the same corporation and are on the same team but you sure wouldn't know it here as we rub our hands together and hope that the "other side" loses. Professional people are supposed to be able to work through differences in a professional, adult manner. This is like a bunch of angry children fighting over who gets to play with a toy. Most people I know believe I work in profession worthy of trust and respect, if they only know the truth about us.

While I'm on my soapbox the actions of this management team are flawed as well. They are supposed to be unbiased pros and be building unity, cooperation and mutual respect but they took a side, tried to force an outcome and are only helping to instill anxiety and division with their "communications" and creating a huge distraction for the employees that they trust to be in charge of the customer's lives. Instead of acting like a professional management team they are acting like frustrated children having a temper tantrum because they didn't get exactly what they wanted immediately. They should be trying to pour water on the fire but they are throwing gasoline on instead. They are sowing the seeds of mutual distrust and resentment that will last for years, I believe they took on a task that they are not qualified to manage. If the "culture" of the future combined corporation is poisonous they will bear the brunt of the blame for the inability to mold two seperate operations into a cohesive team. Where is the leadership here, where is the voice of calm and reason? The pilots groups may act like children but these folks are supposed to be the adults.

So, you are at Airtran!!!!! You should send that to your CEO, I'm sure he will see it your way.

So, if I call "Bake" an a$$hole does this mean he can't read it? I've never been on an ignore list, just wondering. Maybe one of his friends would be so kind to call him an a$$hole for me? Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

Fam62, Shut your LIBERAL pie hole. We are tired of your "hope and change" kernal!

"they took on a task that they are NOT QUALIFIED to manage"...........

"they should be throwing water on the fire but instead are pouring on gasoline"...........

Says the pilot who was part of a pilot group that voted 98% to strike to the management team of an airline that has had 38 years of profitability.

Another graduate of public schools and the ALPA clinic of logic.

Latest resources

Back