• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA going against McCaskill Bond?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude! Do you know how many cities would kill to have SWA service? Did you see how the leaders of ATL were fawning all over Gary two days ago?

Yeah, I just picked up the old USA today and it was talking about how people are starved for Airtranny service in their city.

People love us! And, when this thing is over they won't remember Airtran any more than they remember that you are really ValueJet with Airtran's name.

Don't kid yourself, people love low fares, they could care less whose name is on the plane. Last time I checked Southwest no longer has the lowest fares in a lot of cities and your costs are continually rising. You need to grow or reduce costs. So, you can integrate us fairly and grow or stagnate for another year or so and deal with certin paycuts.

Well, I can see you would be an absolute fit at SW. Maybe try a few less ludes in your ice cream.. I hope if this goes through they up the # of avoidance bids........

You will get a worker that loves his job and enjoys and values the people he works with. But for now, your union has stated that until we are integrated, the AirTran pilots are the enemy, I am just following their lead.

Kp

Don't kid yourself, people love low fares, they could care less whose name is on the plane.
You would say that because you've never worked here. Don't get me wrong. You ain't talkin' to a hardcore kool-aid drinker. I'm still amazed at how much our customers love us.

Last time I checked Southwest no longer has the lowest fares in a lot of cities and your costs are continually rising.
You're absolutely right. And I'm amazed at how full our planes are. Used to be you could non-rev with ease tue/wed/thur or sat. Not anymore. 137+

You need to grow or reduce costs. So, you can integrate us fairly and grow or stagnate for another year or so and deal with certin paycuts.
We'll see. You guys had your chance at the bite of the apple. Now it's a whole different ballgame.

You will get a worker that loves his job and enjoys and values the people he works with. But for now, your union has stated that until we are integrated, the AirTran pilots are the enemy, I am just following their lead.
Yeah that really sounds like you. Model employee. BTW, our union has shown you nothing but respect and has made it clear that the pilots are not the enemy. You got a more than generous offer and you turned it down. Own it.

I like you better when you are making ice cream.

I won't bite on your flame-bait and you have written nothing here that allows me to believe you. I know you don't care, and thats cool so I will return to being an observer.

Fly Safe!

Your right, I don't get the humor....

Last edited:
You would say that because you've never worked here. Don't get me wrong. You ain't talkin' to a hardcore kool-aid drinker. I'm still amazed at how much our customers love us.

You're absolutely right. And I'm amazed at how full our planes are. Used to be you could non-rev with ease tue/wed/thur or sat. Not anymore. 137+

We'll see. You guys had your chance at the bite of the apple. Now it's a whole different ballgame.

Yeah that really sounds like you. Model employee. BTW, our union has shown you nothing but respect and has made it clear that the pilots are not the enemy. You got a more than generous offer and you turned it down. Own it.

If you research my posts (not involving ice cream) you will find that I would have voted yes. It was what I expected minus the big hit in seniority; however, I understand why my fellow pilots found it unacceptable. I also would have voted yes because I have serious doubts that SWAPA will follow their end of the agreement and if this board is any relflexion, then I will be correct in my assumption.

Last edited:
Arbitrator: So Mr. ALPA, when you were hired at A/T, you expected to upgrade to Captain in 5 or 6 years, at which point you would make $140,000ish a year, and have XX days off per month. Or roughly the same pay, but with fewer days off than a 6 year SWA FO. Is that correct?

ALPA: It's not about the money. It's about quality of life.

Arbitrator: Uh huh. And can you tell me why, on the day before the acquisition was announced, 709 A/T pilots had active applications on file at SWA?

ALPA: We request a recess.

If you research my posts (not involving ice cream) you will find that I would have voted yes. It was what I expected minus the big hit in seniority; however, I understand why my fellow pilots found it unacceptable. I also would have voted yes because I have serious doubts that SWAPA will follow their end of the agreement and if this board is any relflexion, then I will be correct in my assumption.

SWAPA?? SWA has the power here.

Latest resources

Back