• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA going against McCaskill Bond?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was an irrelevant law until recently, then it only took 2 years to delete it once SWA deemed it was an impediment to long haul operations. 2014 buddy, it's all over.

I'm hoping you AT guys don't want to be the test case for MB.

You will most likely lose. SWAPA and GK signed the Process Agreement that states if the SLI couldn't be negotiated, it would go on to mediation and then arbitration. Both other parties agreed. If it goes to arbitration, it will be binding, and that award will always be around. The West guys at USAir are waiting for "damages" from the non-integration of the list (via a new contract and not using the award for pay etc), and if they are they can sue for damages. That is why there is NO new contract at USAir. Sounds fun.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Arbitrator: So Mr. ALPA, when you were hired at A/T, you expected to upgrade to Captain in 5 or 6 years, at which point you would make $140,000ish a year, and have XX days off per month. Or roughly the same pay, but with fewer days off than a 6 year SWA FO. Is that correct?

ALPA: It's not about the money. It's about quality of life.

Arbitrator: Uh huh. And can you tell me why, on the day before the acquisition was announced, 709 A/T pilots had active applications on file at SWA?

ALPA: We request a recess.

So what? Arbitrators will not take pay into account, and they also will not take supposed upcoming retirements and upgrades that could have been had because of that. How many Colgan guys had apps at Mesaba or Pinnacle? Didn't seem to matter. Every Colgan guy was paid crap and wanted to get better, and instead they were blended in, and NOT stapled.

You need to look at recent awards. Study them. Your lawyers have.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Arbitrator: So Mr. ALPA, when you were hired at A/T, you expected to upgrade to Captain in 5 or 6 years, at which point you would make $140,000ish a year, and have XX days off per month. Or roughly the same pay, but with fewer days off than a 6 year SWA FO. Is that correct?

ALPA: It's not about the money. It's about quality of life.

Arbitrator: Uh huh. And can you tell me why, on the day before the acquisition was announced, 709 A/T pilots had active applications on file at SWA?

ALPA: We request a recess.

Arbitrator: Here's the list guys, enjoy!

SWAPA: WTF?!?!, we don't like this! Gary promised us!!!!

Arbitrator: Too bad, you signed a legally binding agreement!

SWAPA: We'll see about that! We're done here and we have dinner engagement at Picadilly's with the boys from USAPA.

I'm confused

If you research my posts (not involving ice cream) you will find that I would have voted yes. It was what I expected minus the big hit in seniority however, I understand why my fellow pilots found it unacceptable. I also would have voted yes because I have serious doubts that SWAPA will follow their end of the agreement and if this board is any relflexion, then I will be correct in my assumption.
What are your expectations for swapa to follow their agreement? Where has swapa not followed their agreement? This board is me telling you that your MEC f&cked you over by pushing this issue to a poor outcome for you and you telling me I'm full of $hit.

SWAPA threw you guys beer and pizza parties while they kept us in the dark. SWAPA told us to "trust them" while they sold us down the river on SL9. If anyone should be pissed at swpa it should be me. Like I said earlier, your MEC drinks for free on any overnight I'm on with them. They handed the swapa pilots a gift. SWAPA got its ass handed to them with SL9. Your MEC were fools for turning it down. Thank them for me personally. Gary has NEVER offered us 2 billion dollars plus in one fell swoop. Hell, he's usually crying about per diem!!!

I never tire of looking at this.

This message is hidden because General Lee is on your ignore list.

MMMMMMMMMMMaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

General,

Your dreaming if you think Gary would merge a 'bad' list. You need to read Andy's response to another thread. He nailed it.

Ain't gonna happen bro.

RF

General,

Your dreaming if you think Gary would merge a 'bad' list. You need to read Andy's response to another thread. He nailed it.

Ain't gonna happen bro.

RF

Thanks man!, saved me time writing out the reasons why SWAPA won't honor their legal agreement.

I would remind SWA management that the Airtran pilots will not sit idly by and be treated as second class citizens. If they are, SWA will receive a very public and very cold welcome in Atlanta.

I'm sure that the fine citizens of Atlanta will be crying a river for the Airline Pilots who snubbed their noses at millions (collectively Billions) in compensation in this economic climate.

Latest resources

Back