• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA / Frontier Deal Off For Now!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last year SW hired almost as many pilots that are on the entire F9 list. While this year may seem to give a windall to SW junior pilots, the reality is that these same numbers will occur anyhow in the not-to-distant future from new aircraft deliveries anyhow. Furthermore, once the age 65 crowd starts to retire, large numbers of new hires will follow. Ergo, no windfall when taken in the context of an entire career. Nice try though.

Republic 20yr Captain max pay/hr = $119.00
Southwest 5yr F/O pay/hr = $119.00

Not to mention 7+% 401k match, cheap healthcare insurance, profit sharing etc...

Republic 20yr Captain max pay/hr = $119.00
Southwest 5yr F/O pay/hr = $119.00

Not to mention 7+% 401k match, cheap healthcare insurance, profit sharing etc...

It's not even accurate, I am a 5th year FO and get paid almost $108 "per trip." It's gets complicated by I average 100 trips per month (about 85-90 hrs) and some guys work the system and pick up to the tune of 115+ trips per month. So in reality it is a lot more than the 20 yr Republic CA, a lot more.

Why do so many SWA guys here seem to think RAH buying Frontier would result in them being stapled to the bottom of the RJET list, taking any kind of pay cut from where they are today, or flying a 145 in CMH for $37/hr?

No doubt the income potential is higher at SWA, but geez, do some of ya have to resort to fear tactics and spreading misinformation?

I never seen anyone turn down a winning lottery ticket. What morons!! Pay protection with staple was fair and equitable. I bet there were 550 F9 pilots willing to take that deal and 50 old ass captain refusing to be FOs again with a $50k pay raise not including raise in benefits.

I concur. WTF

Why do so many SWA guys here seem to think RAH buying Frontier would result in them being stapled to the bottom of the RJET list, taking any kind of pay cut from where they are today, or flying a 145 in CMH for $37/hr?

No doubt the income potential is higher at SWA, but geez, do some of ya have to resort to fear tactics and spreading misinformation?

You are aware of what RAH did to Midwest, aren't you?

Gup

RUH stapled Midwest. WHy should they do Frontier any different. In fact if they don't staple Frontier then it gives the guys and gals who came from Midwest a better court case.

You are aware of what RAH did to Midwest, aren't you?

airlinepilot said:
RUH stapled Midwest. WHy should they do Frontier any different. In fact if they don't staple Frontier then it gives the guys and gals who came from Midwest a better court case.

Nobody has stapled anybody in the RAH/MEH deal; there hasn't been a SLI.

That's ugly, no doubt...but its FAR from being a "done deal" in regards to MEH pilots being integrated into the RAH master seniority list.

There's a lot of discourse on this thread about why FAPA should or shouldn't go with the SWA deal... and there's lots of misinformation to go with these opinions.

A few posters (perhaps the same one on several replies) keeps throwing out arbitration. One party can't drag another to arbitration. It doesn't work that way so, it is a non-player in the discussion.

Others insinuate that should the deal go through, F9 pilots will have to interview for their SWA positions... in fact they will be on the seniority list from the beginning (position to be decided through negotiation).

No one can fault FAPA or SWAPA (although several posters have tried) to get the best deal they can. It's the American way. You get what you negotiate... PERIOD.

I've read a lot about what's wrong with the SWA deal, but haven't seen anything about what's good about the RAH deal... this is the inevitable result if SWA withdraws. RAH has already shown a few of their cards regarding their plans for F9. Sure, they will operate them independently... for a while. Already announced is their intention to codeshare with an acquired Midwest (transitioned fully to RJ airframes). This isn't a codeshare where a large aircraft operator (F9) seeks a partner to serve as a feeder for their network. It's the other way around... an RJ operator is forcing this on a wholly owned subsidiary (F9). Profitable (F9) routes can easily be discontinued to be replaced with Midwest (RJ) flying and you won't be able to stop it. Once routes begin to disappear, RAH won't need the larger aircraft or the people anymore. I hope this isn't the case, but I worry it will be the inevitable outcome.

Last edited:

Nothing could be further from the truth, so please stop making things up.

The process is ongoing and the representatives from both pilot groups are working out an integration right now. I'm under the impression that each side has a respect for what the other side brings to the table. I don't know what the final outcome will be, but you can be sure it won't be a staple. A prior example would be the acquisition of Shuttle America, with a few Saabs that didn't transfer over. Those pilots were integrated in a far better manner than staple.

Latest resources

Back