• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA / Frontier Deal Off For Now!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently some of the FAPA leadership read too many business articles insinuating it was essential for SWA that SWA take over Frontier.

Guess what F9 -- it's not essential. SWA will do fine without F9. What's more interesting will be to see how F9 (pilots) will now do without SWA.

Southwest has won out either way.

If the pilots settle, Southwest gets rid of the competition in Denver.

If the pilots do not settle, Southwest got a great look at all the insider financial data and information they will later need to kill whatever is left of Frontier (Mesa vs. Aloha, Except Southwest will be a lot smarter about the whole thing).

I'm sure that a seniority list staple with RAH will be a much better option for the F9 guys. What are the FO rates at republic again?? Does that comes with a new backpack??

To SWA, or not to SWA

I was just flying with a very senior guy, and asked him about the Morris deal, and how their pilots felt about the the staple. He said that they weren't a very happy bunch at the time, BUT there is NOT 1 ex-Morris pilot here at SWA today, (making 220k+/YR.) that is not happy about being stapled to the bottom.

That's what it boils down to...Pride vs. Reality! Pride lands you a job at Home Depot. If I were at F9, I'd be fighting to get someone at FAPA who actually gives a $hit about they're own on this deal.

I hope F9 doesn't turn out to be FZERO with RAH... or at all for that matter.

Cheers,

Ski

Southwest has won out either way.

If the pilots settle, Southwest gets rid of the competition in Denver.

If the pilots do not settle, Southwest got a great look at all the insider financial data and information they will later need to kill whatever is left of Frontier (Mesa vs. Aloha, Except Southwest will be a lot smarter about the whole thing).

Just keep in mind that if they are caught using this information as a competitive advantage then Gary Kelly and his Texan buddies go to prison.

Also, after WN management looked at our books and examined our cost structure, they still wanted to proceed with the deal. Our costs (CASM ex-fuel) are lower than theirs, and we have a superior product.

We also have customer loyalty that has been elusive to them in the Denver market.

Last edited:
Southwest brothers just keep it clean. You are all gentleman, dont lose sight of this fact. As is always the case leadership from both sides has determined individuals futures, but now is not the time to insult and wish ill will. So they go to Republic, so be it, the cards were dealt, they didnt like them so they walked from the table. It is their choice no matter how poor you percieve the choice to be. The Democratic process once again danced with fate and we have an outcome. Be civil, we are all professionals, and set an example for others to follow.

This is drawing to a close rapidly. I would sure love to see us acquire F9 as a Denver guy, but not under the terms FAPA seems to want to dictate. If you don't want the job security and pay increase that comes with being hired at the most financially stable airline in the country, then pack sand and enjoy your regional. I'm over this. This will go down as the most monumentally stupid thing a pilot union has done. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back