SWA / Frontier Deal Off For Now!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fat Lady on hold?

Tonight SWAPA has reached an impasse with the Frontier Airline Pilots’ Association. Both parties have bargained all evening under a deadline for resolution for midnight (EST). At the deadline, neither party was willing to accept the other’s proposal.
I don't know whether this deal will happen or should happen, but keep in mind that SLI agreements have almost never been reached without at least one side walking away from the table, and at least one "deadline extension". It's almost a required part of the procedure.

I think the judge imposed deadline is a little different. I think that usually an SLI comes after a merger is completed and thus the threat is of binding arbitration whereas in this case, the threat is no deal getting done. perfectly fine by SWAPA's viewpoint. you could be right though, I'm really not a familiar with all of the recent SLIs as I could be.

Thanks

go look in the forums on our union website. our communications guy put out a blurb.

Found it, Thanks. Here's a shocker: I didn't realize we had an entire Frontier folder on the forum. I bet RAH will give seat protection to the F9 Captains. Good for them if that's what they really want.

BTW, the deal would have resulted in 24-47% raises for the F9 guys from their contract rates, not BK pay!

2 year fence, seniority number for current furloughees, seat protection until draw-down over next two years, DEN domicile protection, and carry longevity for pay and vacation. SOunds like a $hitty deal to me.:eek:

I hope your labor leadership realizes the difference between our deal and what Rep would offer.......

BTW, the deal would have resulted in 24-47% raises for the F9 guys from their contract rates, not BK pay!

2 year fence, seniority number for current furloughees, seat protection until draw-down over next two years, DEN domicile protection, and carry longevity for pay and vacation. SOunds like a $hitty deal to me.:eek:

I hope your labor leadership realizes the difference between our deal and what Rep would offer.......

Yea, yea, yea.... But what about the animals????? The kids love em you know.

Guess the F9 guys would rather sit in the left seat and make $120,000 vs sitting in the right seat and make $200,000+ with 5 weeks vacation. Assuming RAH lets them stay in the left seat.

Damn boys. That's quite a poker face you've got there in Denver!

You do realize it's SOUTHWEST AIRLINES trying to give you a job don't you?

Gup

F9 Guys. Don't know if this is the Swan Song or not..but I really had wish this had ended up different. I had a neighbor who is a Midwest forloughee and he is adamant that any deal with Southwest is a better deal than with Republic. I don't know? I am not in his shoes, nor am I in yours. If the deal ends up with you guys under Republic's umbrella...best of luck to you.

Being a junior guy here at WN, I hope this isn't a case of your senior guys ruining a good thing for the junior guys....cuz that sh*t is getting old real quick, no matter what airline you work for.

I will be watching the news with great interest in the next 24hrs...hopefully there is last ditch maneuvering going on as I type this.

It isn't great news for Craig, your most junior member. This deal couls have guaranteed that he wasn't going to be furloughed, or any SWA FO for that matter.

40 new airframes.

A Denver domicile.

Growth instead of "right-sizing".

No furloughs for any current SWA pilot.

Hopefully the court will approve an extension and a mutually beneficial agreement can be hammered out. This really is a potential win/win scenario for all involved.

What is your approximate seniority number and do you feel your career will be better off going to RAH over being stapled and pay protected at SOUTHWEST AIRLINES?

Gup

Latest resources

Back