• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA / Frontier Deal Off For Now!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And there you have the overriding reason its time for a National Seniority list.

Nah, if you choose an airline in the beginning and it goes poorly, that was YOUR fault. This isn't Russia where you are assigned an airline. There are good and bad choices everywhere. National Seniority lists don't take your own bad judgement into account. Can you do the same with a wife you don't like after 10 years too? (Not mine, I love you honey-snookems!!)

Bye Bye--General Lee

A few points...

1. The most senior guy at F9 will make less, far less than they do today as the most senior guy at F9 controlled by RAH.

2. The most senior guy at F9 stapled to the bottom at WN will make instantly more than they do today because they get pay protected at their old pre-cuts rates at F9 OR the SWA FO rates based on their F9 hire date which to be honest is likely much more. Further they get these raises instantly, not just when they transition over to WN. Did I mention the coming 100% 9.3% 401k match, the 6% at least raise to our current pay rates, and an average 17 days off a month?

3. Having F9 pilots stapled to WN is not a windfall for WN pilots. We had a/c orders for the next 2 years that are about the same as the overall size of F9. Our most junior FO reasonably expected to see 400-600 pilots placed behind him as a result and with a staple will simply fill that same expected amount with F9 pilots rather than interviewed pilots. A staple represents a windfall for F9 pilots in the sense of they keep their jobs, they get large pay raises and retirement gains, and work for unarguably the most financially sound airline of the last 40 years. If F9 pilots get spread through the seniority list of WN in anyway it represents a penalty to junior WN pilots and the same, if even larger, windfall to F9 pilots and that IS unfair.

4. The F9 pilots or perhaps more accurately their leadership is operating under the assumption they can get a windfall of even greater proportions by simply waiting out for a judge but that may prove to be a mistake of epic proportions if SWA keeps their word and backs out of this deal. If you don't believe they will simply Google "Transtar pilots" and see it for yourself.

Good luck. I *want* F9 pilots to have careers at WN, but now its up to them. If your leadership is not speaking for you, speak up.

Last edited:
There is nothing on SWAPA web site about this and I have not received anything via email updatge or alerts. Based on that I don't think this is true. Any other SWA guys get any emails or alert messages?

Are you serious? Any SWA F/O who has an F9 CAPTAIN stapled behind him just got a HUGE windfall.

There is nothing on SWAPA web site about this and I have not received anything via email updatge or alerts. Based on that I don't think this is true. Any other SWA guys get any emails or alert messages?

It's in the "Frontier" folder at the top of the forum list.

Gup

A few points...

1. The most senior guy at F9 will make less, far less than they do today as the most senior guy at F9 controlled by RAH.

2. The most senior guy at F9 stapled to the bottom at WN will make instantly more than they do today because they get pay protected at their old pre-cuts rates at F9 OR the SWA FO rates based on their F9 hire date which to be honest is likely much more. Further they get these raises instantly, not just when they transition over to WN. Did I mention the coming 100% 9.3% 401k match, the 6% at least raise to our current payrates, and an average 17 days off a month?

3. Having F9 pilots stapled to WN is not a windfall for WN pilots. We had a/c orders for the next 2 years that are about the same as the overall size of F9. Our most junior FO reasonably expected to see 400-600 pilots placed behind him as a result and with a staple will simply fill that same expected amount with F9 pilots rather than interviewed pilots. A staple represents a windfall for F9 pilots in the sense of they keep their jobs, they get large pay raises and retirement gains, and work for unarguably the most finical sound airline of the last 40 years. If F9 pilots get spread through the seniority list of WN in anyway it represents a penalty to junior WN pilots and the same, if even larger, windfall to F9 pilots and that IS unfair.

4. The F9 pilots or perhaps more accurately their leadership is operating under the assumption they can get a windfall of even greater proportions by simply waiting out for a judge but that may prove to be a mistake of epic proportions if SWA keeps their word and backs out of this deal. If you don't believe they will simply Google "Transtar" and see if yourself.

Good luck. I *want* F9 pilots to have careers at WN, but now its up to them.

Arbitrators do not ONLY look at pay. In fact, with the Bond/McKaskill bill out there, I can tell why you guys are "running scared." You want this to happen, to gain from it with a large DEN base and seniority grab, but you don't want to be fair. I don't think F9 pilots should get DOH or relative, but a staple is NOT fair. They are bringing something to the table alright. You don't want to admit it. If Republic does win the bid, it will take you a lot longer to take over DEN, and you won't have a place to put all of your new 737s. Think of all the new 737 Capt spots that will open if this deal does go through.......that is your ONLY motivation, and it is obvious.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It's in the "Frontier" folder at the top of the forum list.

Gup

Is it a forum post or an actual FAPA document. From what I have read on the SWAPA site everything appears normal. Also nothing from SWA about this on their site or emails. I just tried to call the Dom rep....hopefully he will call me back.

Latest resources

Back