• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/FL Codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is why SWAPA should have fought for equal pay ASAP but SC was too stupid to see this coming. If we all had equal pay, there would be unity among pilots against the cut. As it is now, even if with a pay cut in the next contract, a lot of AT guys will STILL get a raise when going over. I for one do not wish for a pay cut but if it happens, I will take my raise and enjoy the irony of the RSW guys complaining about their lower pay.

Phred
I can't fight your fight, nor would I ever entertain SWAPA fighting your fight, sorry. Higher pay to you is less pay to me. We are competitors until closing. Now that we are closed, it's a different story to be sure, but SWAPA asking SWA to raise AT rates is justified how? DFR's would fly from the rafters if SWAPA fights one inch of ALPA issues, sorry.

This disparity in pay evaporates in 24 months and 21 days, so, SWAPA needs not spend one shred of SWAPA goodwill to help AT raise their rates, they have their guys fighting for them.

Correct-a-mundo. Now you have two pay scales, and the lower one is more attractive to management. Who can you all thank for that? The answer: SC. He should have fought harder for parity. So, now you have a disgruntled 1/3 of your group, and they are paid less, which may be the future baseline. A pay raise always takes the sting out of a SLI. Even that "interesting" offer from GK would have been more palatable had the pay been equal, even with AT Capts leaving for the right seat. It was the better path not taken.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dood, you're a psychotic freak. Do you not get the hundreds of others here calling you the same? It's time for you to leave the pattern and go back to your touchelmo.com.

Thanks for chiming in General--I was waiting with breathless anticipation for your words of wisdom here.

Everyone will get paid the same when the airlines are actually merged, on 1 January 2015, about two years hence. And how management uses its various revenue streams as it changes part of its holdings' business model really has nothing to do with anything in this discussion. Southwest gets a significant revenue source from NFG freight; does that mean they should just give all that revenue straight to the rampers?

And the "other pilots" aren't really to blame here; management is. They made the decision, and neither side had much, if any, say in the matter. Unequivocally, GK is where the buck stops in this case.

Yeah, I can see where SWA/Airtran is JUST like USAir: BK wages on one side, furloughs on the other side, no contract, nothing to look forward to, and 8 years and counting with no end in sight. You're right, General--it's exactly the same. Thank God you're here to point that out.

Bubba

We will all be on the same payscale...yippi! It sounds good if you don't put any thought into it. However, a 12 yr FL Capt. (presently) will have the same payscale as a 12 yr. SWA F/O. 'cause that's what he will be. It's like winning the lottery!!!! Albeit, a winning scratch off ticket...the prize.. a free scratch off ticket. Investment paid off!! You get to start over and hope it works out THIS TIME!

I can't fight your fight, nor would I ever entertain SWAPA fighting your fight, sorry. Higher pay to you is less pay to me. We are competitors until closing. Now that we are closed, it's a different story to be sure, but SWAPA asking SWA to raise AT rates is justified how? DFR's would fly from the rafters if SWAPA fights one inch of ALPA issues, sorry.

This disparity in pay evaporates in 24 months and 21 days, so, SWAPA needs not spend one shred of SWAPA goodwill to help AT raise their rates, they have their guys fighting for them.

OMG everyone should read this Krap. What a total jackhole. He is a "competitor" until closing.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dood, you're a psychotic freak. Do you not get the hundreds of others here calling you the same? It's time for you to leave the pattern and go back to your touchelmo.com.

Is that you talking or "Uncle Sal" in the bottom bunk? Does he sing to you at night the song "18 and life you got it..."? You know he does. No go back and snuggle.

Btw, most of the people calling me names are Corndogs, who figured out I know the truth. They just don't want to hear it. Now get back to snuggling.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Your non-movement cost AAI pilots 60-70% or more of their seniority from a relative position.

I have to say I hate hearing this "relative" example. Especially when almost 15% of the Southwest pilots were hired even before your predecessor started operations. It's funny that my relative seniority didn't move up 60-70%. And even though both were "non bankrupt, profitable carriers", I would argue that the similarities end there.

General,

Why do you even care? This has been voted on and done for sometime now.

The only reason is that you enjoy trying to stir the Southwest pot. It doesn't matter.....ITS OVER. Can you get that into your thick skull?

I'm glad others are seeing the Genital as the psychotic doosh he is. Thanks for all the private mail guys. I agree completely.

RF

Private mail talking about the General? Holy &*^%, get a life, people!

And even though both were "non bankrupt, profitable carriers", I would argue that the similarities end there.

Bingo. Two carriers that happened to fly a 737, the rest of the differences were pretty dramatic. You can't re-write history on how far apart these two companies were.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back