Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bluejuice787 said:
Chef-

At the end of the day the TSA is trying to serve a vital function with limited funds and perhaps undereducated screeners but if you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear.

Chef, I think you need to grow up a little.

Juice

Juice,

Please tell me you don't actually believe the TSA has ever actually done anything productive. With all due respect, to refer to them as serving "a vital function" is borderline insane.

-Blucher:erm:

Blucher said:
Juice,

Please tell me you don't actually believe the TSA has ever actually done anything productive. With all due respect, to refer to them as serving "a vital function" is borderline insane.

-Blucher:erm:

Perhaps they do absolutly nothing with regard to keeping us safe but the flying public believes they do. I happen to believe that both the perception and reality of safety are "vital".

A minor inconvenience???? Lets see...I could lose my job, my future finincial security, my kids ability to attend college on my nickel, my house , my cars, my toys, do I need to go on? As Guido the killer pimp once said, " Don't ever, EVER, Eff with a mans livelihood."

RV

twepilot said:
A minor inconvenience???? Lets see...I could lose my job, my future finincial security, my kids ability to attend college on my nickel, my house , my cars, my toys, do I need to go on? As Guido the killer pimp once said, " Don't ever, EVER, Eff with a mans livelihood."

RV

Ohh, OK so you are talking about being "set-up". Now I get it, there are a bunch of TSA screeners that are organizing to destroy the careers of airline pilots.

Are you people serious? Just don't come to work drunk. It really is that simple. If you happen to be asked to take a breath test, do it, test negative and then go on your way.

Juice

bluejuice787 said:
Chef-

You usually have some funny observation but this is just ignorant. Why not do our industry a favor and not come to work drunk...Oh and I assure you that the TSA in mass does not think JB pilots are what you suggest because of your actions, I am sure they can see an individual ass. Most pilots that I see (JB or not) are friendly and cordial and see the bigger picture, but I am sure you put those nasty TSA in their place.

At the end of the day the TSA is trying to serve a vital function with limited funds and perhaps undereducated screeners but if you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear.

Chef, I think you need to grow up a little.

Juice

Excuse me? I ask a question and this is what I get? Reread the thread -- I said I don't talk to them because I am wary of their procedures/policy. I don't fly drunk nor do I push the limits, but that doesn't mean I couldn't be pulled aside like so many others because of some wayward suspicion (mouthwash for example). My question about "nail technicians" is just that, a question. As for calling them "nail technicians", I am merely expressing my opinion about quite a few I have seen (and I am using another poster's phrase at that), not jetblue's.

"Gorilla -- you got it. I look at them with a blank stare, no hellos no how ya doin, nothing. I refuse to talk to TSA, which probably only makes them think jb pilots are rude, but I refuse to have one of those jagnuts point a finger at me for gargling with mouthwash."

That's my original post. Where do you come off bluejuice? No where in my "contract" does it say I have to talk to people. Ha.

If you want to discuss my "ass", PM me. It's quite breathtaking.

I can see it now, the new TMAAT question, ".....TMAAT that you saved the company and your co-worker from the TSA?"

If the pilot in question turns out to be guilty, then he deserves the punishment.

If you talk to the TSA, you're probably stupid.

If this charge is proven to be false, then I suggest that we all start a letter to the editor campaign.

:)

bluejuice787 said:
I happen to believe that both the perception and reality of safety are "vital".

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I have read in a long time! I vote for reality, which is not what we are getting from Homeland Security or the TSA. Biggest bureacracy and clustercluck in history!

WorldOnTime said:
Quite possibly the dumbest thing I have read in a long time! I vote for reality, which is not what we are getting from Homeland Security or the TSA. Biggest bureacracy and clustercluck in history!

Amen, brutha.

I wonder how many tsa screener's show up drunk to work.

While passing through last week, (boston is known for its surley tsa agents) the guy kept saying to passengers, "it doesn't matter to me if you get on the plane or not." The other TSA professionals (ha) kept calling him Mr. Lawsuit.

WorldOnTime said:

WOT, I have to agree with you there.

Juice, essentially what you're saying is that the TSA is money well spent. This is something I strongly disagree with. I think it is one of the most useless and expensive pieces of window dressing we've been forced to pay for in a long, long time. I have literally never heard of anything productive that organization has ever done as far as keeping the traveling public safe.

-Blucher

Latest resources

Back