• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA delaying new planes, adding used Westjet birds --article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because they weren't AT FO's bumping him out, they were SWA FO's. That's the way the SLI went down, I can't believe you haven't figured that out yet. If you all wanted arbitration, it only took one thing to bring it. Yet over 80% of you didn't want to pull that lever, don't blame anyone else for your decisions.

Sorry, "former" AT FO's is how I should've worded that, and I certainly understand how things went down. I figured it out a long time ago.

The vote went the way it did on our side because of a few things: misinformation, disorganization, and lots of guys who had lost their jobs prior due to unfavorable mergers, bankruptcy, etc, voting for a "sure thing" in keeping their jobs. I'm not one of those. I'm young and have a lot of time to try out something else if things went south and we were let go somehow, hence I would have liked to have seen SL10 shot down. It was purely a vote based on personal risk and ability to weather a storm, if need be. I certainly don't blame either side or for voting the way they did. We all have personal motivations for our actions as individuals.

+1 for tripower. if most the corndogs are like him, we will all survive just fine. i will be a downgraded capt for the next 10 years, but on the bright side, i am young and will retire at 6% of the list. i will retire a rich SOB and hold a line to boot. i say lets gets this over with, make some money and grow this airline so i can spend 20 plus years in the left seat. it sucks for the old guys at airtran and it may not be where they saw their career at this point, but no one is guarnteed anything in this business. you have to make every situation, even the unjust ones, work for you. on the day of retirement the only thing that counts is the retirement account balance. if the senior rsw fo's want to sit rsv in oak for the next 10 years as airtran guys start upgrading again go for it. i will take your senior fo slot with a smile.

Would those MCO FO's be happier if our 15 to going on 20 year former AT Capt's came over as Capt's (where they belong) instead. They may be upset, but it's because of the senior FO, Capt seat grab that their QOL is suffering. I posed that question to a SWA FO riding the jump, (who was bitching openly to a stapled FO and about to downgrade Capt), and it finally dawned on him as to why things are the way they are. I couldn't believe that he hadn't figured out that these weren't AT FO's bumping him out.

As to the rest of your response, I'm glad to see our guys are enjoying themselves. It gives the rest of us hope that as sh!tty as things are getting on our side of the Mason-Dixon there will be some sort of silver lining. I will say though that the majority of folks coming next year are the ones that will suffer "juniority", commuting west, with no upgrade in sight, for a VERY long time. The praise that's being sung now will surely turn south a bit.
Our junior FOs are smart enough to know, it matters not that a senior AT CA now FO gets placed in front of them or a senior SWA FO stays in front of them because your AT CA might have come across as a CA. That junior FO is still at the bottom looking up. Your point is pointless.

Please remember, not one SWA pilot did this to AT pilots, place the crosshairs where they belong, on the GK and team.

Latest resources

Back