• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA delaying new planes, adding used Westjet birds --article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Culture is what we own, management has no control over that, and they have proven it these past few years.

What your trying to say is our old ways of the one LUV company are dead, management and workers working together. Untrue. Herb was a cutthroat negotiator on every level, the difference is he was a leader, and proved it. We know where we stand with GK, we just need to be sure to get everything in writing as all of his words are hollow unless backed up by documentation. The AT guys showed us this lesson, and that's not a slam on the AT guys, its just that when we see how they treat them, we are not going let that happen to us.

Last edited:
Yup...

Well, PCL should take some of the blame. Just because. ;)
According to the DFR case filed against ALPA he was quoted as saying this:

"Too many of you are talking about 'how the pilots need to be able to decide for themselves.' Execute me, but bullsh!t. Direct democracy is nothing more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner... . The MEC must do the right thing and protect the pilots by voting this down at the MEC level and sending the Merger Committee back to the table, or to arbitration whichever the case may be."

According to the documents filed in the suit he went on to say:

"There isn't the slightest chance in he!! that an arbitrator would award anything less date of hire."

The suit contends that although he was the ALPA Executive Vice President he was not writing as an ALPA officer but sharing "nothing more than my own personal thoughts as an AirTran line pilot."

I'm not 100% certain he said these things or not and am relying on documents submitted in a lawsuit, but they were placed in quotation marks as if they were direct quotes. Maybe he can shed some light on whether they are accurate quotes or completely fictitious.

http://ia700806.us.archive.org/25/items/gov.uscourts.gand.181455/gov.uscourts.gand.181455.1.0.pdf

Of course. But, FWIW, every FAT guy I've flown with have said that they are much happier over here than they ever were over there. Most have been former Capts too.
That's because most of those OAT CA's that have gone over have done so voluntarily because they reside in one of your bases. Not having to commute is a powerful motivational factor. For some, losing one's CA seat and taking an hourly pay cut is palatable if it means living in base. It also helps to not have 2 or 3 alimony payments/month :).

When the forced displacements of OAT CA's to SWA F/O start, I believe you will see those numbers skew in the other direction unfortunately.

That's because most of those OAT CA's that have gone over have done so voluntarily because they reside in one of your bases. Not having to commute is a powerful motivational factor. For some, losing one's CA seat and taking an hourly pay cut is palatable if it means living in base. It also helps to not have 2 or 3 alimony payments/month :).

When the forced displacements of OAT CA's to SWA F/O start, I believe you will see those numbers skew in the other direction unfortunately.

So who is coming first JR AT pilots or SR AT pilots?

There's plenty of involuntary commute pain being felt on our side already. And it's gonna get worse. And it's an actual pay cut (as in smaller pay checks) for many of them too.

Oh, and I thought we already discussed the "hourly" thing a few pages back.

As for the 201K and 101K victims, we've got plenty of them too. ;)

Awesome.

We know where we stand with GK, we just need to be sure to get everything in writing as all of his words are hollow unless backed up by documentation. The AT guys showed us this lesson, and that's not a slam on the AT guys, its just that when we see how they treat them, we are not going let that happen to us.
Very true. "Us" now means the both of us; so let's make sure that going forward there is just one "US".

According to the DFR case filed against ALPA he was quoted as saying this:

"Too many of you are talking about 'how the pilots need to be able to decide for themselves.' Execute me, but bullsh!t. Direct democracy is nothing more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner... . The MEC must do the right thing and protect the pilots by voting this down at the MEC level and sending the Merger Committee back to the table, or to arbitration whichever the case may be."

According to the documents filed in the suit he went on to say:

"There isn't the slightest chance in he!! that an arbitrator would award anything less date of hire."

The suit contends that although he was the ALPA Executive Vice President he was not writing as an ALPA officer but sharing "nothing more than my own personal thoughts as an AirTran line pilot."

I'm not 100% certain he said these things or not and am relying on documents submitted in a lawsuit, but they were placed in quotation marks as if they were direct quotes. Maybe he can shed some light on whether they are accurate quotes or completely fictitious.

http://ia700806.us.archive.org/25/items/gov.uscourts.gand.181455/gov.uscourts.gand.181455.1.0.pdf

Strange, I looked all through the lawsuit, and I couldn't find anyone mentioned by the name of PCL_128. So there's not anything for me to "shed some light on" for you. Sorry.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back