• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA crew names released

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I posted something sensible. Then I remembered where I was.

Last edited:
"I posted something sensible. Then I remembered where I was."

No you did not, its a thinly veiled slam, you are completely FOS if u are telling me that :

a) you do not use the tiller when lining up the aircraft for T/O

b) you wouldn't us it if you were heading for the grass with a rudder hardover...

Give me a break...but I guess you fancy yourself as a real airline pilot...

Dan,

Get over yourself, we are not flying PanAm clippers across the pacific...you missed those days, this is easy flying, even to do well...if you have to work extra maybe you should go back to training and get some practice sims...EVERY freeking landing is to a stationary runway at least 4700 feet long...we are taking off, cruising and landing in one of the most forgiving airframes ever designed...Yes, CRM and basic emotional intelligence is a nice benny, but as you wish to judge someone based on postings on an anonymous forum, me thinks you could use a little more open mindedness...

Please Ty, put me back on your ignore list...

OBTW just read on the prune that SWA FOs can now shoot approaches down to 1800-1/2, some good coming out of the SWA/AAI group think, maybe the SNA restriction will also be lifted...

Hey, Wave, that summary of the Tower Air accident was interesting; hadn't seen that before. I thought the recommendation to abort a takeoff on a slippery runway "when half-travel inputs aren't adequate" to be worth remembering.

Yeah I agree man- I hadn't read that one before

Wave, the only SWA bashing I've done has concerned the well documented arrogance displayed in some of the merger strings. Oh and of course the warrior spirit thing is too easy to pass up on!
I maintain we all live in glass houses, so any attitude of superiority by anyone deserves a good bashing IMHO.
I consider SWA is just as good an airline as DAL, HAL or anyone else, but the reality is, we all are lucky enough to fly airplanes for a living (assuming we enjoy it) but letting the airline you fly for define you and using it as any kind of measuring stick in your life is pretty silly.

You have to understand Dan- it's arrogant to think you're anywhere as good as us.

;)

"I posted something sensible. Then I remembered where I was."

No you did not, its a thinly veiled slam, you are completely FOS if u are telling me that :

Did you read it ? It included an admission of fault on my part for combining a tech discussion with giving you a hard time. You're obviously more sensitive than I thought.

a) you do not use the tiller when lining up the aircraft for T/O

That's called taxiing. It's not part of the takeoff.

b) you wouldn't us it if you were heading for the grass with a rudder hardover...

Give me a break...but I guess you fancy yourself as a real airline pilot...

Rudder hardcover ? On the runway ? You're apparently trapped in 2008 and grasping at straws to justify your tiller fetish. No rudder hardcover occurred anywhere near a runway. An AD was issued in 2002.

Somebody needs to duct tape your left hand to your balls prior to every takeoff

http://www1.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAD.nsf/0/2a3f5faba444a8086256c4b005a2884/$FILE/022007.pdf

Latest resources

Back