• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa atl ops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Start marketing flights together is a big one. Basically integrate everything on the GO schedule. The certificate will be Southwest Airlines that also operates AAI. The AAI certificate will be surrendered.

You're kidding right?

Cattle car seating and peanuts?

Airtran has a far superior product.
That's why SW bought them.

true dat.

What does SOC exactly mean?

Single Opperating Certficate. Basically we can sell tickets on each others flights, passengers can connect on both SWA and AAI and the AAI Certificate is gone, all falls under 1 POI(I think he is in DAL:)). We are 1 happy family.

Only President's Day weekend was packed for WN out of ATL, up to that load factors were 50% at best.

How can AT's certificate be surrendered if SWA does not have the international portion on their certificate and approved by the FAA? I understand how they can sell tickets all the way through to wherever the customer wants to go on either city list but I thought SWA would have to have the international operations approved before the AT certificate is surrendered.

No, they've gotten the FAA to approve a "partition" style operation that has some differences in the ops specs for each side of the partition. While the certificate is surrendered, there will still essentially be two airlines for a few years while the operations are slowly integrated.

Latest resources

Back