• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa atl ops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gary Kelley got a FREE seat on DL. Thus he did not fly positive space on SWA. So that left a seat available for a REVENUE passenger.

I may be wrong. Math isn't my best subject. But even if Kelly sat in the free seat, that would still be one less seat available to collect revenue on. Unless Delta charges people for not flying on airplanes. If they cracked that code, that would be something.

I may be wrong. Math isn't my best subject. But even if Kelly sat in the free seat, that would still be one less seat available to collect revenue on. Unless Delta charges people for not flying on airplanes. If they cracked that code, that would be something.
What he was saying is that Gary Kelly took a free seat on Delta thereby leaving a seat on SWA for a revenue passenger.

swa has been dead everytime i've been by their gates. Also with that said i have more than a few passengers joking when they see the swa planes, about how the ceo was caught on the Delta flight. i lol every time

Do you laugh each time you see a DL painted RJ go by? The man with a "scope" sign in his pic & used to fly RJs......how noble.

Do you spend a lot of time at C22 ? There are really only three reasons a Delta pilot would be there; a vicious Popeyes addiction, riding around on DALs giant fleet of outsourced jets or perhaps ...... stalking the LUV.

Which is it Super ? Do you sit quietly in the corner with your hat on, licking your greasy chicken fingers as you mumble numbers into your giant tape recorder ? Counting the bag ladies and meth cooks boarding the Luv machine.

Admit it Super. :D

This ^^^^^

WoW....every one of our flights in the Cessna 152 is full. Does that mean our brand is superior?

Alot of people will read your response and dismiss it. Because you simply haven't been there and done that. There was a time when I lived to work ( i.e. fly airplanes). Then I was fortunate enough to be able work to live ( I.e my days off.. QOL). The bottom line is, at some point the passion for flying we all have or once had turns around and bites us once it becomes our main source of income. I respect and fondly miss your ignorance.

And just to put in perspective; I make in 6 weeks what I used to make in a year as a flight instructor. My home boys from SWA where giving me/us the business because they made that and more in about a 3 to 4 week period. If you are enjoying success in the post 9/11 world in the GA field my hat is off to you and wish you all the best. Despite some of the negatives involved with airline industry, I still consider it the best job.

I think Pilot13 may be sandbagging, buddy... 5 posts total, first one dates back to 2002, second one is in 2004 where he/she was interviewing at a 135 operator, now he/she is back and was asking about ORD commuter parking.

Indicates at the very least, he/she is a regional pilot, possibly even hired recently by a larger National/Major player and having to commute out of ORD (or just moved there).

And for those worried about the SWA loads being light some days, I wouldn't sweat it... I'm sure once we have SOC and we can start "connecting the dots" on a single ticket purchase between networks, any seats they MIGHT have had open in the first few weeks/month will fill up quite nicely, especially since they are price matching our AirTran fares to Southwest fares (they increased our prices in many competing markets and people are paying it).

If they can't go cheaper on Delta, they'll take SWA/AirTran. It's just that simple. Both sides will still have paychecks to cash; it's all good. ;)

Latest resources

Back