• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA asks their pilots to chill and stop harassing AirTran folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Read your contract . . . . Any new aircraft will have a pay rate negotiated jointly by SWAPA and SWA. With this comes a responsibility to negotiate fairly on our behalf. I have no doubt SWAPA will do just that. You should, too.
They will and it seems the current rate for the 717 is fine (your group just voted to accept it as so) as long as they pay the long haul side (737) gets a bump of about 5-10% for the 30-40% savings incured by the short haul hi frequency RJ (717). Thats fair. And this is all good, multiple pay scales to reward the labor for what they do. When we start the 800 overwater, that will be at a higher rate, when 787's hit the street, those will be at a higher rate. Just as seat protection is industry standard, so is pay for aircraft size and leg length,

Last edited:
Like I said, Scoreboard, nobody cares. Rates are part of the CBA. CBA's change. Seniority is forever.

Money, money, money . . . Some of you guys must have more ex-wives than Warren Jeffs. ;)

Yep, but at least they are making the DAL and Alaska dudes happy.

I'm sure if your labor problems cause SWA to implode, it would make a LOT of airline pilots happy.

Ty, explain why a jet that can only do 1200 miles should be paid the rate of one which flies 3500 miles?

Pay by mileage hasn't been a player since Decision 83. Don't know what that is? Look it up.

Red, everyone knows that if SWAPA does not negotiate in good faith on behalf of the AirTran pilots that it would be grounds for a DFR lawsuit . . . . Why do you persist with making empty threats towards your future coworkers? Did you not read the guidance that has been provided to you from both SWAPA and SWA? Give it a rest, man. No one's buying it.

Hopefully you will not be one of them. With a liitle luck you will never be back to work. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Pay by mileage hasn't been a player since Decision 83. Don't know what that is? Look it up.
Decision 83 has no bearing on the discussion, this is not a pay for mileage deal, this is directly compensating the pilots of a jet bringing in more revenue for flying 3500 miles vs 1200 miles.

Like I said, Scoreboard, nobody cares. Rates are part of the CBA. CBA's change. Seniority is forever.

Money, money, money . . . Some of you guys must have more ex-wives than Warren Jeffs. ;)

Talking points Ty. Talking points.

Too much talk. Time for action.

Read your contract . . . . Any new aircraft will have a pay rate negotiated jointly by SWAPA and SWA. With this comes a responsibility to negotiate fairly on our behalf. I have no doubt SWAPA will do just that. You should, too.

I don't think many of us really care about threats to lower 717 pay.

Curious, doesn't AT have differents rates for 737 and 717? So have you filed a DFR suit against ALPA yet? Expecting to have 737 rates for 717's is gone now, so if SWAPA and SWA agree to lower 717 rates then 737, its no different than now. Hence, they aren't threats IMO if they simply keep your current rates. Especially since every other post by an AT pilot says its not about pay.

Curious, doesn't AT have differents rates for 737 and 717? So have you filed a DFR suit against ALPA yet? Expecting to have 737 rates for 717's is gone now, so if SWAPA and SWA agree to lower 717 rates then 737, its no different than now. Hence, they aren't threats IMO if they simply keep your current rates. Especially since every other post by an AT pilot says its not about pay.
Ummm... no. The 717 and the 737 pay the same rate at AirTran.

Dude, airlinepilotcentral.com lists all pay rates. Single rate for all AAI equipment.

717 will pay the same as 737 after arbitration. There will be no long term fences so if 717 pays less, 717 capt. - me, will jump to 737 as soon as I can.
My spot will most likely be taken by SWA FO coming off 737 (no...FOs on 737 will not make the same as captains on 717)
His 737 FO spot will be then filled by 717 FO seeking more pay.
and finally 717 FO spot will be filled by a newhire.
So, GK just got 4 training events out of one vacancy. Not gonna happen. Not to mention that two 717 positions were filled by "native" SWA pilots who will now fly the less paying airplane. Not gonna happen.

Latest resources

Back