• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA asks their pilots to chill and stop harassing AirTran folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing like pissing off the other groups while flushing your future earnings down the toliet in one fell swoop. Wow.

Yep, but at least they are making the DAL and Alaska dudes happy.

Capt. Redflyer,

are u saying that if it goes to arbitration that then the southwest pilots union (swapa) then determines the pay, vacation, and sick time for the airtran guys. can you guys cut their pay in half and give them no vacation or sick time which would in effect cause them to quit.

Sooner,

Its a established fact that if it goes to arbitration, SWAPA gets to negotiate all those items for the new AAI guys. ALPA will be gone after the ISL is published. I see them having a hard time bringing the 717 rate up to the SW 737 rate now. It wouldn't be the goal of SWAPA to cause these guys to quit. That would not be SWAPA's goal. I'm not sure this will ever get to that point. I see a non-integration ahead. YMMV

Red, everyone knows that if SWAPA does not negotiate in good faith on behalf of the AirTran pilots that it would be grounds for a DFR lawsuit . . . . Why do you persist with making empty threats towards your future coworkers? Did you not read the guidance that has been provided to you from both SWAPA and SWA? Give it a rest, man. No one's buying it.

Red, everyone knows that if SWAPA does not negotiate in good faith on behalf of the AirTran pilots that it would be grounds for a DFR lawsuit . . . . Why do you persist with making empty threats towards your future coworkers? Did you not read the guidance that has been provided to you from both SWAPA and SWA? Give it a rest, man. No one's buying it.

DFR lawsuit?:bawling:

SWA will be the ones who give them a 717 payscale not SWAPA. It will not be the same money as was offered on SL-9. Probably pay the same amount as your 717 guys get payed now. Seriously, I am hearing this from a good source. Sorry.:bawling::bawling:

Ty,

Dude. Read my post. I rebuked his comment about cutting the legs out from the AAI guys. The facts are it will be ngotiated and I have no idea what it will be like. His premise was that it would be so bad that you would quit. There's no way that would play out. Just like you stated with DFR. Clear?

This is really some silly stuff.

It's about the revenue it can produce, not how far it flies. I'll bet a CRJ700 has more range than some of your older 737's.

DFR lawsuit?:bawling:

SWA will be the ones who give them a 717 payscale not SWAPA. It will not be the same money as was offered on SL-9. Probably pay the same amount as your 717 guys get payed now. Seriously, I am hearing this from a good source. Sorry.:bawling::bawling:

Read your contract . . . . Any new aircraft will have a pay rate negotiated jointly by SWAPA and SWA. With this comes a responsibility to negotiate fairly on our behalf. I have no doubt SWAPA will do just that. You should, too.

I don't think many of us really care about threats to lower 717 pay. This isn't about pay, it's about our FO's being stapled, it's about being forced out of domicile with negative system seniority, it's about being relegated to a second-tier status for the next decade.

You guys should just be grateful we shot it down before you did. Time to move forward.

Last edited:
This is really some silly stuff.

It's about the revenue it can produce, not how far it flies. I'll bet a CRJ700 has more range than some of your older 737's.
no, our oldest 500 is transcon capable with IFR fuel, and it can do it hot/cold/wet/hi altitude.

So a jet that can only fly 1/3rd the distance can make the same revenue, not what we know to be true, as evidenced by the closing of some 717 destinations.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back