• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Announces DEN Routes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Pipe, just wanted to know where your airport "class" was when WestPac and Frontier were battling it out at Den by selling $39 fares. I was at Westpac, and we carried lots of folks whose baggage was either paper or plastic. Then again, I never understood back then why someone from Denver would pay $1200 for a round trip ticket to Seattle on United, when you could do the same on someone else for a third or less...
Frontier and SWA are good airlines... the city and people of Denver will be better off with a little more competition, unless you want to go back to the basic monopoly that UAL had before F9 (and any other airline that serves that city)
One last thing, to those of you who accuse SW pilots of being overpaid... the fact is they are more efficient than any other airlines. It used to be most pilots at the majors bragged about well they were paid, and how little they flew. You simply don't have that argument at SWA. A pilot can, and does make good money, but he/she is also working more than most to get it. I used to have 42 hr layovers at a Major carrier I worked for... WTF... no wonder they can't make money. Like it or not, SWA is the model of efficiency, and most other carriers could do well to learn from them.

WN pilots are not overpaid. They get jack squat in non-salary compensation. UAL for example (and I do not work there) gets another 35% in non-salary compenstaion. WN - nada (unless you count the "bet" that are stock options).

PIPE

Pipe your miss informing the public again. Nada you say. I suggest you look again. For example what do you or United pay for health care?

Off Hot-

I pay about $90/month currently. Full medical PPO, vision, dental. This is for family coverage. Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

UAL pilots pay about $190/month for full family medical/dental. Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

F9 - about $350/month for full family medical.

Shall I go on? You're right. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

PIPE

Man thats a lot Pipe, I pay about $50 for what you get, thats $140 a month less than UA. Were eating into your 35% non-salary compensation and we haven't talked stock options. We wont carry this any further but our non-salary compensation is good with the exception that we don't have a DB plan, and those thanks to these fearless judges in BK court are leaving quickly elsewhere. So you are correct you have no idea what you are talking about.

Pipe
I got full family coverage via Blue Cross, full dental. and vision at SWA. This is all for $14 per month. Don't forget we also get profit sharing and over 7% match on our 401K. All in addition to our salary.

Chuck Yogourt said:
Southwest = Wal-Mart. .

I don't know what everyone has against Wal-Mart. I mean where else can you run in and get a bag of beef jerky, and jumper cables?

Latest resources

Back