• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Announces DEN Routes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetalc, I'll call your bluff. Southwest.com Phx Mdw round trip 3-4 nov is only 312.90 to include tax and the seats are available. Please prove your point with correct information. So what point were you trying to prove? This is turning into "my dog is better than yours".

Why is F9 all worried about :D SWA? You guys seem real scard of us:cartman: ?

SWA just RULES! I just hope you can come into Denver with a humble attitude and be respectful of your veteran neighbors.

Ultimately, I know it and you know it, SWA has enough cash on hand to sink UAL and F9. This is capatalism at its best and our pax will determine success or failure. I do know F9 fares from den-las-den are always a little higher than UAL and HP, but somehow F9 packs in the folks. So pricing is not everything.

I remember, too, many years ago Delta, NWA, UAL and Usair where the darlings . They had more cash on hand then debt. Much like SWA is today.

My point is, Enjoy the ride without being arrogant because one day you too could be in the same situation as BANCRUPT UAL, NWA and DELTA.

Have fun in Denver, we will all do good.

Cya

Last edited:
Dude...it looks like MDW-PHX-MDW is something like 292.00 on 11/3-11/4.

Its just that us SWA folks like our company and we will defend it. I don't think thats being arrogant.

OffHot said:
Jetalc, I'll call your bluff. Southwest.com Phx Mdw round trip 3-4 nov is only 312.90 to include tax and the seats are available. Please prove your point with correct information. So what point were you trying to prove? This is turning into "my dog is better than yours".

Well, I'm not sure what you're looking at, but I went to southwest.com, selected PHX-MDW, Roundtrip, "Internet Special ($202 each way)", selected the departure date of November 3rd, return November 4, 1 adult, no promotion codes, and hit "Select and Pricing" (or whatever the next step is). Actually, the total fare didn't come to $404. It came to $422.90. Your original post simply contained a reference to Frontier charging $333 for a flight from DEN-MDW, and that point is just as out of context as my random comparison of fares. I didn't have to search for a lower fare offered by Frontier - I just thought of two cities, and compared the internet fares - how are you getting such a different fare than the one I just now found, again?

Chase - I bumbled through your post, and I think I get your point. I agree that there is more to this than picking one city pair and having that somehow be and indication of "success." Do you know F9's load factors on those routes? Didn't think so.

SWA/FO - it's spelled "scared" not "scard", and no, I'm not "scard" about SWA coming to DEN. I'm worried about the arrogance shown by SWA people on this board regarding past successes of their company.

Slug - Ditto what I said to Chase.

Guys - this is not meant to be a pissing match. I'm just sick and tired of the mis-information out there regarding SWA's "great fares." Other airlines are offering just as good, and sometimes better fares than SWA. Didn't mean to get your orange panties in a bunch over this, but I will not sit here and listen to more misinformation. There. I feel better now.

Let's see what happens before jumping to conclusions.

SWA/FO said:

Its just that us SWA folks like our company and we will defend it. I don't think thats being arrogant.

Try PHX-MDW-PHX.

And I know the feeling - F9 peeps also love this company, and will continue to do whatever we have to do to defend it.

SWA/FO said:

SWA/FO,

I think you will find that the Frontier folks love their company and will defend it as well...without the arrogance. I think that your "SWA rules" attitude doesn't sit well with the folks at F9 that have worked very hard and have sacraficed a lot to build a very high quality airline in Denver. Take a page out of Chase's book and show a little respect. Thanks Chase.

Of course people are going to be concerned (not scared) when the industry's fiscally strongest airline moves into their hub and overlaps its routes. Over-capacity and low yields have been the bane of the industry and this doesn't help. At the end of the day I believe that the impact will be positive for the consumer, neutral for WN, and slightly negative for F9 and the other airlines on these routes. In other words, no big deal.

I think something more arrogant would be..."Hey F9 we are coming to DEN to kick your a$$" :smash: .

However, I only typed "SWA rules".
I didn't claim F9 folks don't like their team.

You guys are so sensitive... You guys can call us names, make fun of our passengers and say we lie about our low fares. So when I type SWA rules, that really gets to ya, huh? Defending my company on the board and I'm arrogant :pimp: ?

Last edited:
SWA/FO said:

Passenger
TypeTripRoutingType of FareBase FareU.S.
TaxesPFCSecurity
Fee1Passenger(s)TotalAdultDepartMDW-PHXInternet Special$187.91$17.29$3.00$2.501$210.70ReturnPHX-MDWInternet Special$187.91$17.29$4.50$2.501$212.20http://www.southwest.com/images/1x1.gif Total$375.82$34.58$7.50$5.00 $422.90
Where did you get 292.00? Maybe I'm typing something wrong in here, and it's not my intent to mislead, but this is the fare I'm looking at, even if we are talking MDW-PHX-MDW not PHX-MDW-PHX.

pipe said:
This is quite unfortunate. DEN is one of the few airports in this country that retains a level of class in its airline service, but here come the Clampetts. WN will not do well financially in DEN, they will just hurt F9 and UA and the whole thing will be to the detriment of all. The costs at DIA are almost identical to the costs at SEA, an airport that WN so desperately wanted out of only days ago.

Others on this board mentioned that the people in DEN would love the fares. I can't think of an airline that pi****es me off more than WN and the bogus fares that they advertise. They have convinced the public, via the media, that they have things like $29 fares. I challenge anyone to go to the website right now and actually get one - it's B.S.!!!

I don't have a dog in this fight (although I formerly flew for F9). I hope the people in Denver support their hometown airline. If not, they deserve to have their family of 5 spread throughout the middle seats of a 737 and sandwiched between fat, sweaty, drunk guys in tank tops.

SW has done enough damage what was formerly the worlds most enviable aviation industry. Airplanes are not Greyhound Buses. Flying is neither an entitlement or a right. Sweats and slippers are not appropriate on airplanes. You should not need a good hockey check to get a seat next to your family.

I would like to leave you with one final thought: If Gary Kelly would quit flying airplanes and just broker oil, he would actually make more money. Do the math!

Pipe,

C'mon ,man . Don't hold back,....Tell us how you really feel......:D
Seriously,though. Excellent post. I think I'd like SW more if they weren' t so
in love with themselves.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back