• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys make me laugh. On one hand you all say ALPA can't get crap done, weak, ineffective, blah...blah...blah... On the other ALPA was able to get the age 60 rule changed overnight. So, which is it? The rule was changing anyway. ALPA jumped on board at the last minute. A crappy move in my opinion.

Exactly....... As much as the SW age 60 guys think so, SWApA had very little to nothing to do with the age 60 change. Washington didn't give a darn until ALPA wanted it changed.

Last edited:
You guys make me laugh.
Oh yeah. One more thing. This is from our 7/19 FDX ALPA news letter. Looks like some guys think that SWA isn't the be all/end all after all.;)

"FedEx Express began a group of 19 pilot new hires on July 11. Seven of these new hires are going to the ANC domicile as MD-11 First Officers. The 12 remaining new hires are being trained as MEM B727 First Officers. This class of pilots came from a variety of backgrounds. We have pilots joining us from USAF, USN, USAFR, USNR, USMCR, ANG, Southwest, OMNI Air International, XTRA Airways, Pinnacle, SkyWest, and Air Cargo Carriers. "

Right, and in the late 90's you box boy's were leaving in droves to greener pastures like UAL, AMR, DAL, ect....How that work for those guy's?

Enjoy your ride there my friend, your junior new hires may or may not have made a wise choice. as always time will tell.

Regards

SWAPAExecs SWAPA Execs
by SWAPA_NC
The BOD has convened in DAL for the special BOD meeting to vet the SLI agreement. Thanks for your patience. We've got a lot to discuss!

Right, and in the late 90's you box boy's were leaving in droves to greener pastures like UAL, AMR, DAL, ect....How that work for those guy's?

Not so good...

In fact we had a 727 Capt quit FDX and go to AMR. The date...first week of September, 2001.

And I am enjoying my time here. I'm incredibly lucky to have been hired here. I hope that we can all, somehow enjoy a fulfilling career in our chosen profession.

The sanctimoniousness and "holier than thou" of some on this board is pretty sad.:(

Considering the fact that both sides signed a NDA, I'd say that I give a rip. Leaking rumors to sway one side or the other without interpreting the entire document is wrong and you know it.

Gup

I don't think our reps signed a NDA.

Not so good...

In fact we had a 727 Capt quit FDX and go to AMR. The date...first week of September, 2001.

Man don't I know it, most of us have watched friends make many a painful decisions pre and post 9/11. Some have worked out better then others.

And I am enjoying my time here. I'm incredibly lucky to have been hired here. I hope that we can all, somehow enjoy a fulfilling career in our chosen profession.

The sanctimoniousness and "holier than thou" of some on this board is pretty sad.:(

Cheers, I can certainly drink to that. All the Best

Koko

Now back to the regularly scheduled springer show.

Last edited:
Fine. Explain to me how your reps found out details from closed negotiations? Of which the only peeps in the room HAD signed NDA's?

Gup

Remember, our entire MEC had a meeting with Gary Kelly and other managers that week. They didn't just get info second hand. I haven't heard anything about a NDA for that meeting, and I'm sure our reps wouldn't violate one if there had been one.

Latest resources

Back