• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-AAI Going Rogue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand you are willing to fight for relative seniority because you have nothing to lose. If it doesn't work out you will just stay out on medical. Where does that leave me and the rest of the somewhat junior F/O's? All we want is a rewarding career and a happy place to spend the rest of our working lives. Why are you so bent on getting it your way be damned anyone else? You may not like my tact and approach but I speak for the majority and you obviously speak for you. Don't ruin this for me and my family. It isn't about just you.

Time for you to get this straight. TY won't be ruining ANYTHING for you. The arbitrator(s) will. It is up to them. Your lawyers and the AT lawyers will fight for their sides, and the arbitrators will decide your fate. Don't blame Ty. If you are currently at the bottom of SWA, then you will likely be at the bottom of a new SWA. That is just the way it goes. Regardless, have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Bye Bye--General Lee

You don't speak for anyone except for your miserable, groveling, self-serving, boot-licking self. Your "family" would do much better if you'd have a nice warm cup of STFU. If you think you know me and have something to say further, PM me or send me a message through the union forum. Be a man and put your own name on it this time.

Wow! Ty has really shown his true colors this time.

An AT pilot has the nerve to actually admit his excitement over the huge gains, both financial and in QOL, this acquisition will provide. Further, he expresses concern regarding the overzealous expectations of some senior AT pilots. Unacceptable!

Relax Ty, if you actually buy the junk you type on this forum, it shouldn't matter what your rational, big-picture thinking fellow pilots think or say. You have repeatedly mentioned that precident should sway any arbitrator your way. Unless.........

Why are we doing this to each other? I will be simple and frank. I have worked at 6 airlines prior to coming to work at AirTran. I have been furloughed more than most anybody I have ever met. I have applied and been hired at Legacy carriers and I have applied and been denied by LCC's as well, Southwest included.

I came to AirTran a few years ago because it was the best offer I had at the time. It wasn't great but it was a job flying Boeing Jets and getting a steady paycheck, most of the time and so I was pleased to take it. I am still very pleased to have a job today. Lord knows I have been without one many times before so I never look a gift horse in the mouth.

On September 27th my ex-wife called me. I couldn't figure out why she was calling but i answered the phone anyway. I was shocked that she was actually being nice and I asked her what was up? She said nothing I just felt like calling and congratulating you on your lottery win. I had no idea what she was talking about until she told me she had heard on the news that SWA had bought AirTran. I have to say I was exstatic to say the least.

Now, a few months have gone by and I am as excited as I was on day one and I believe most of my coworkers are too however I am begining to get more concerned by the day. Here at AirTran we have a reputation for being militant, over the top, and out right rediculous in our demands. I am concerned that the 8% of our group that are the loudest will ruin this for the rest of us. I have called no less than 100 of my peers and they for the most part feel the same. Dont screw this up for us. We have worked hard, had hard knocks, and finally are catching a huge break for once in our careers.

All but 2 or the guys I have spoken with told me they would take a staple and be happy as a pig in Sh!t. I would have to agree.

I hope you SWA guys on this board will please tell your MEC that we are a reasonable bunch of guys at AirTran for the most part and all we want is a fair chance at a job flying for SWA. Our so called leadership doesn't necessarily speak for the majority. Please don't let our guys do to us what the Frontier union leaders did to their group. We want to come over and join the family and if a staple is what it takes for that to happen so be it. Please don't let ALPA ruin this like ALPA has ruined my career expectations so many times in the past.

Thanks for listening Swapa and before any of you loud AAI types start throwing the darts be honest with yourselfs and admit that I speak for the majority and you speak for yourself.

Well said dude. All the AT pilots agree with you I'm sure, but the senior bubbas there won't allow you to say it without stomping it out quick.

Trannie pilots just hit the lottery and should be thrilled with a staple.

Secretly I hope this thread ends up in front of a lawyer/arbitrator.

As you can see your honor "Ty" has this expectation. While several others "blowmepants" and "numnuts" have a different expectation.

Seriously people do you know lawyers? They went to law school for three years after college. Now they work for big firms paying 140K starting. My guess is that for the last 20 years while we were shooting ILS approaches... they were working contract law, specifically labor and employment. They are then appointed by god to be arbitrators in these cases. How do you think this goes down?

I decided to go with relative seniority because "Ty Webb" on flightinfo has demanded it?

be the arbitrators will decide your fate. If you are currently at the bottom of SWA, then you will likely be at the bottom of a new SWA. That is just the way it goes. Regardless, have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Bye Bye--General Lee

From the peanut gallery, I would say this is probably one of the truest statements on this whole debate.

Crash Pad. You, and all AirTran pilots have been told to keep your mouth shut about SLI. How hard is this for you to understand? You are spouting inaccuracies,opinion, and the like on a public forum. For the love of GOD....STOP!

Maybe take up a past time such as pleasuring yourself while looking at a Southwest poster.

Maybe take up a past time such as pleasuring yourself while looking at a Southwest poster.

This is why I predict the trannies will never be integrated into SWA. Too much risk on Southwest's part with the lousy attitudes of the trannies. Bet the SLI never happens.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back