• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-AAI Going Rogue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is why I predict the trannies will never be integrated into SWA. Too much risk on Southwest's part with the lousy attitudes of the trannies. Bet the SLI never happens.

I bet you will be very upset after looking at the arbitrated SLI.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ty, I can't wait to see you guys get what you deserve at swa. All your talking on here is a joke; you guys can't honestly believe the dross that you spout. Like I said, be grateful and happy that you will be at a company that you like to work for AND you make a lot more money, wherever you may fall. You guys are giving yourselves a VERY bad rap at swa before you even fall on the doorstep. Don't ruin a good thing. GK will not let you guys spoil the party, believe me.

Please excuse my dopey blue friend. He probably loves his "direct relationship" at Bluejet. I really hate to say it but I think the LUV brothers on this board ( many not all) have acted lack spoiled brats. I've been down this road before at Brand X and I would highly suggest that all of you spend your time on this board talking about the weather or college football. Or how about them Bears? Good luck to all of you! Seriously, the vitriol on both sides will damage many of you for the future creating resentment some will never get over. Just my experience........

I bet you will be very upset after looking at the arbitrated SLI.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why would I be upset? I don't work for either airline. Just observing this insanity (from the trannies) from the sidelines.

You are my hero though! Have a fantastic new year.

This is why I predict the trannies will never be integrated into SWA. Too much risk on Southwest's part with the lousy attitudes of the trannies. Bet the SLI never happens.

You don't even work for AT, so you have no idea about Tranny attitudes. Given the challenges the AT pilot group has gone through the last 5 years, they continue to treat customers with respect and deliver a good product. I've known 20+ great guys from past lives that have gone on to SWA, and the overwhelming majority of pilots at AT are cut from the same cloth as them.

why wouldn't the arbitrator just whip out the Delta model and say, "here" we're done and just in time for lunch?

Remember, you can not piss off the majority.

M

why wouldn't the arbitrator just whip out the Delta model and say, "here" we're done and just in time for lunch?

Past precedent is only a part of the equation. You must insert SWA and AAI dynamics. Fact is nobody knows what the final outcome will be. If cooler heads prevail a deal will be struck without arbitration. If not a panel of 3 will decide. We as pilot groups will either have one vote per pilot or not.

Sure is fun watching all the "my dick is bigger than your dick" going on here though.

Lighten up, Francis. It was a joke. SWA pilots have a sense of humor....right? All of the ones I know are standup guys.

People speak of precedence. Precedence is used in matters of law and rules. If precedence is to be required in the arbitration, show me where. M/B establishes process and considerations.

Every integration/merger is on its own merits. Otherwise precedence would be strongly worded in both A/M and M/B. This integration is no like others in the past so it deserves consideration on its own merits.

I see where management delays contracts all the time. any chance of SWA closing the deal and keeping both ops separate for a while until this SLI thing is done? Because the labor savings would be the bargaining chip wouldn't it? or does AAI pay increase the next pay period when the deal closes? so will SWAPA use this with Mgts blessing to get AAI pilots to roll over? it seems plausible anyway... If AAI pilots delay, the given the raises, one might cost themselves 20 grand over 4 months?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back