• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have to think outside the box and look at the situation from the outside in. You guys are either in denial about the company or trying to use smoke and mirrors to blind us to the inevitable situation SWA will be facing. This merger is a sign of it. Gary Kelly in 08 said things were substainable till 2010.

I worry about more furloughs than upgrades right now. I think you guys are too. This merger might help prevent that, and the first downturn at SWA in a long time if ever there was one (well done btw. You guys have been awsome). You know how to turn a airplane and utilization is great at SWA, but you make 30% more than everyone else. Either they come up or you/we come down. Other airlines have wised up too. I am not a fortune teller, but I know what is worth something and what is worth less. However, time will always tell.

I have been right about a lot of things with this country and the economy over the last decade. Lets just say I am doing ok financially by my own definition, but things are going to get worst in this country before they get better... if they ever do.

I wake up every day and thank God that Airtran is being "merged" with Southwest so that you guys can save us from our certain demise.

Gup

Nice picture of you on the ATN ALPA msg. board! You got a purdy mouth!

Good. My actual mouth or whats coming out of it. Its a simple message: get on the list, tell all your friends.

You don't see the arrogance of that statement?

Seriously? Coming from you, that's just funny. The amount of arrogance demonstrated by the SWA pilots on this board has been absolutely unbelievable. Even the arrogance of the USAirways pilots towards the AWA pilots pre-Nic didn't reach these levels.

And no, there was no arrogance in my statement. It is the same thing that your CEO has been saying for months. He is the one who has been saying that SWA needs AirTran to grow. The quotes are a matter of public record. I know you like to pretend that they don't exist, but they do. This merger is good for you, whether you want to admit it or not. Is it also good for us? Of course! I don't dispute that. I'm just tired of you pretending that this merger is horrible for you and great for us. It's good for all of us.

I think you PCL have always aggressively looked for shortcuts.....

You don't know me, so everything you say from this point forward is nothing more than conjecture. But it's very telling that when someone challenges your assertions that we should just take whatever you want to give us, that you lash out and resort to personal attacks. Very telling.

p.s. you might want to drop a few pounds.

Nice, I said to say nice comments about "Southwest" not me!

Nice, I said to say nice comments about "Southwest" not me!

It's getting ugly. They're calling you "Captain Muffin Top". I've asked them to stop but they're merciless.

It's a very body conscious pilot group. :D

It's getting ugly. They're calling you "Captain Muffin Top". I've asked them to stop but they're merciless.

It's a very body conscious pilot group. :D

I like that ,athough walking around airports there are a lot of fat ass pilots, SWA included. Even the last ALPA video I just watched has 3 fat asses. Hard to believe that's the best alpa can come up with.

PCL
I have always said that this ACQUISITION is good for all swa employees. I have always said that I hold AT pilots in high self esteem. I can imagine a tremendous airline and lots of opportunity on the other end of this integration- find 1 post where I've said any different....

Go ahead- I'll be here-
What I am saying is that the integration of the seniority lists needs to take into account that these were not equal jobs and SWA certainly took higher levels of commitment and TIME to get. that's NOT personal.

As for personal attacks- they're only for you PCL- I'd love to apologize- but shortcuts have a LOT to do with this and is also very telling. I think merit and effort and achievements earned ought to determine our place in the industry -
not our ability to give a shady operator $30k.
But that's me- I can "hear" many of ATs arguments a LOT better from someone else who doesn't still hold an ALPA office and got removed by interfering with the SLI.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back