• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't we all just get along. Fact of the matter is that none of us know for sure what the future holds as far as our industry or our company. No one can predict how many airframes either AAI or LUV would of had or will have in the future. We can agree that this is an extremely dynamic industry and things change fast. (ex. Sept 11) No one can predict if this will be settled via negotiations, mediation, or arbitration. Its been said many times but it bears repeating. Let's just let this thing play out then move on. I am happy now and will be happy after this thing is done no matter what the outcome. I hope everyone else can say the same. This job is too much fun to be miserable about what might happen in the future. I propose a mud slinging hiatus.

Cheers folks.

Amen!

If you IDIOTS would acknowledge - THE GREAT DEAL in front of you, You would get the respect of some of the SWAPA Pilots. Only 3% of all trannies are on this message board - So there is hope for your group. I can honestly say without a doubt 100% of SWAPA Pilots would agree with my next statement: "that we could care less if you ever make our list", in fact we hope you don't. (hint: This is you Ty)

Ty is holding a pair of 2's and he must think 2 are wild, but they are not. His buddy PLC/PCL is holding a 3 & 4 and thinks he is going to draw a straight. Both are clueless. The dealer is Gary Kelly, the drink girls are SWAPA interns, the other players are Jordan, VDV, SWAPA. Nothing is wild. SWA dudes are drinking, Ty and PLC/PCL are sweating and drinking water...

For my COOL friends, my tranny bros...the ones that call me with questions and are truely excited about the GOOD DEAL in front of them. I can't wait to have them over here at this awesome Company! Eric, Mark, & Rob these are great dudes and they are going to luv it, here.

:cartman:

Can't we all just get along. Fact of the matter is that none of us know for sure what the future holds as far as our industry or our company. No one can predict how many airframes either AAI or LUV would of had or will have in the future.

Virtuous observation! The actuality is, you can only make a dais on what has ensued in the past, not what may be in the future. Orders, growth and upgrades are all words until they come to culmination. I have no association in this merger, but the argument that how a company was about to perform in the future being used as a basis for it’s strong suit, in said merger, is a weak argument at best. I would say that for the AirTran comrades, this acquisition holds more perks than Elvis' nightstand.

I think both pilot groups share in the benefits. I believe upgrade times for SWA pilots will significantly drop. I think we'll see massive growth over the coming years as the synergies are realized, which benefits everyone equally. I think you'll get to fly international routes that you otherwise never would have flown. I don't believe for a second that all of the benefits are on the side of the AirTran pilots. I think it's disingenuous for you to imply that they are. I also don't believe that an arbitrator will buy it.

AT pilots: immediate 40-50% raises, no looming strike, better schedules, coast to coast base options, + any growth that possibly might happen.

Swa pilots : any growth that possibly might happen.

And you think I'm fanning the flames to say that guys want the SLI slanted in their direction? What if that growth never materializes. If this thing isn't as successful - what then? We want seniority to protect us from that scenario.

And you must be high if you think that every single growth plan and International ops plan was dependent on Air Tran.

You don't see the arrogance of that statement?

I think you PCL have always aggressively looked for shortcuts. It's why instead of instructing and building time like a man- you plopped down tens of thousands to be at gulfstream. It's why you hopped over to pinnacle instead of a better regional, lower mins- who cares about pay when mom and dad have always provided eh- and now you want ALL the benefits- REAL BENEFITS- the kind that PAY YOUR MORTGAGE and SEND YOUR KIDS TO COLLEGE- but those aren't paramount to you, because money isn't a valuable thing in your world- money's just an abstract thing that allows you to take shortcuts PLUS a relative seniority that you DESERVE ??
Well, for some of us, it is very real- and flying airplanes is how we EARN it.

I think you are way more concerned with your ALPA CAREER than actually MAKING A LIVING flying airplanes - I think you have disconnected yourself from how much this money will change the lives of all your pilots-

I simply disagree, and can't be prouder of my air tran brothers for removing you. And I only urge them to not be taken in by your ulterior motives- get on the list.

An AT guy ASKED ME what I thought was fair. It's an opinion only- I trust my union on this completely. but I will say that your lives will change when you get on the list- anywhere on the list- if youre on the bottom, your life and schedule will improve from what they were.

If you IDIOTS would acknowledge - THE GREAT DEAL in front of you, You would get the respect of some of the SWAPA Pilots. Only 3% of all trannies are on this message board - So there is hope for your group. I can honestly say without a doubt 100% of SWAPA Pilots would agree with my next statement: "that we could care less if you ever make our list", in fact we hope you don't. (hint: This is you Ty)

Ty is holding a pair of 2's and he must think 2 are wild, but they are not. His buddy PLC/PCL is holding a 3 & 4 and thinks he is going to draw a straight. Both are clueless. The dealer is Gary Kelly, the drink girls are SWAPA interns, the other players are Jordan, VDV, SWAPA. Nothing is wild. SWA dudes are drinking, Ty and PLC/PCL are sweating and drinking water...

For my COOL friends, my tranny bros...the ones that call me with questions and are truely excited about the GOOD DEAL in front of them. I can't wait to have them over here at this awesome Company! Eric, Mark, & Rob these are great dudes and they are going to luv it, here.

Put the crack pipe down. What is this high school with your "cool" friends. lol. What is this "Happy Days." Are you Fonzi? That is pretty funny man.

I can tell you many of the pilots at Airtran think it is a good thing. A good deal depends on the SLI. The problem is that the SWA pilots don't think so because they have been living in a bubble. You guys said it that you guys could care less if this merger happens I hope... what you rote is that you could care less if we are on the list. That is another example of the ignorance and the bubble you have been living in. I can promise u that you don't want a whipsaw. It would be the worst thing for the culture overthere and as a company as a whole. It would be the quickest road to the company going south like the rest of the industry.

You have to think outside the box and look at the situation from the outside in. You guys are either in denial about the company or trying to use smoke and mirrors to blind us to the inevitable situation SWA will be facing. This merger is a sign of it. Gary Kelly in 08 said things were substainable till 2010.

I worry about more furloughs than upgrades right now. I think you guys are too. This merger might help prevent that, and the first downturn at SWA in a long time if ever there was one (well done btw. You guys have been awsome). You know how to turn a airplane and utilization is great at SWA, but you make 30% more than everyone else. Either they come up or you/we come down. Other airlines have wised up too. I am not a fortune teller, but I know what is worth something and what is worth less. However, time will always tell.

I have been right about a lot of things with this country and the economy over the last decade. Lets just say I am doing ok financially by my own definition, but things are going to get worst in this country before they get better... if they ever do.

Last edited:
I can tell you many of the pilots at Airtran think it is a good thing. A good deal depends on the SLI. The problem is that the SWA pilots don't think so because they have been living in a bubble. You guys said it that you guys could care less if this merger happens I hope... what you rote is that you could care less if we are on the list. That is another example of the ignorance and the bubble you have been living in. I can promise u that you don't want a whipsaw. It would be the worst thing for the culture overthere and as a company as a whole. It would be the quickest road to the company going south like the rest of the industry.

Sure we live in the Southwest bubble.... a bubble you want to get into. I'm already in the bubble dude.

Did you not see my poker example above? Gary is the dealer!! You think GK is going to sink this Company to make some trannys happy? This is a GOOD deal regardless of SLI. You can be the last dude on the list and this is a GOOD deal. NO DO OVERS, ask F9. Keep it up, you have the most to lose. Keep getting mouthy, keep telling us how your company was in great shape! BLAH BLAH BLAH.

The culture is everything here, Family members come first, YOU ARE NOT FAMILY, yet. There will be NO WHIPSAW, no growth at tranny, no tranny. You are on a sinking ship (we have pulled the plug, you are taking on water), you need to make the move to SWAPA's list. This should be your mission, get on the list. Sure we are all chest pounding and its entertaining, but I'm not the one trying to switch lists, you are.

Do your Family a favor and get on the list. Make this hard on GK and you will be left out of this game and it will be perfectly legal.

Now, I'll start by saying something nice about tranny: "I like the fact that all your airplanes have WI-FI on them". Now its your turn to say something about Southwest (the place you want to work at, remember?)!

Sure we live in the Southwest bubble.... a bubble you want to get into. I'm already in the bubble dude.

Did you not see my poker example above? Gary is the dealer!! You think GK is going to sink this Company to make some trannys happy? This is a GOOD deal regardless of SLI. You can be the last dude on the list and this is a GOOD deal. NO DO OVERS, ask F9. Keep it up, you have the most to lose. Keep getting mouthy, keep telling us how your company was in great shape! BLAH BLAH BLAH.

The culture is everything here, Family members come first, YOU ARE NOT FAMILY, yet. There will be NO WHIPSAW, no growth at tranny, no tranny. You are on a sinking ship (we have pulled the plug, you are taking on water), you need to make the move to SWAPA's list. This should be your mission, get on the list. Sure we are all chest pounding and its entertaining, but I'm not the one trying to switch lists, you are.

Do your Family a favor and get on the list. Make this hard on GK and you will be left out of this game and it will be perfectly legal.

Now, I'll start by saying something nice about tranny: "I like the fact that all your airplanes have WI-FI on them". Now its your turn to say something about Southwest (the place you want to work at, remember?)!

Nice picture of you on the ATN ALPA msg. board! You got a purdy mouth!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back