• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And since anyone who disagrees is immediately villified, singled out, called out by name, etc.

Yeah, let's have an intelligent debate, shall we? :rolleyes:
Sure, as soon as your hypocritical debating style is changed to substance and fact and leaves out your usual first shot across the bow such as calling folks "Fools".

The truth is no one at Airtran knows what they want. I fly with guys who say things like, "we want something fair... you know rope off the guys that were there before we existed then do something like 4 to 1".
So you want to staple all the FO's?
No.
I say well if you shuffle 4000 pilots with 1000 of ours at 4 to 1 you end up stapling the bottom 700ish. They say oh well then we should get something better than that.

Sometimes they say we should do mixed things. Ratio this chunk, DOH this chunk, percentage this chunk, etc... It sounds good but you know they have no idea what they are talking about. They overheard the idea in the breakroom and are running with it. It sounds better than staple and warm and fuzzy... like everyone wins we will have a tailored list for every seniority.

Some say go with DOH and a big fence. I explain that even with a staple you would have to have displacements, followed with vacancies to lose the captain seats. The 717 is gone when the leases are up. So you will automatically have your fence even without a fence... so why the fence? Confused look... The truth is they don't really even know what a fence is.... They are on the 717 and don't want anyone to mess with them.

So you are reading it here first Airtran pilots have no idea what they want. We know we don't want a staple. Here is another secret. Anything you hand us will pass. Our last contract gave us little that we wanted. It passed by 86%. You hand us double pay and better scheduling and it will pass.

I will mention one massive land mine.... PRIDE!!! Which no one at SWA seems to be able to understand. While we may look like the biggest ******************** box in the industry, our old timers have mountains of pride. So you start saying things like we will strip you of your longevity. We will give you 1 SWA year for every 2 AAI years... etc... then you are just being a dick for the sake of being a dick. That is enough for us to want to USAir this pig.

In closing... You know you're great. We know you're great. So be nice. Give us a little something that says we understand you worked for a ******************** bird for a lot of years. It will pass by 90%.

Or we can go to arbitration. This is the best scenario!!! No one has any idea what will happen. Airtran is well aware that you have a lot more to lose than we do... We are confident we can't be stapled. So if you take that outcome away from an arbitrator... We like our odds.

Reading responses from Ty Webb does not create a desire to argue with him, it creates a desire to tell the NC to modify the SWA CBA for a matched rate of AAI wages to capture the B717 rate as is. If they do not want what we have to work with then split them up. Transfer the B737 to SWA list hire off the street and rope off the B717, down grading as needed. Is that fair? No. But that is what happens when common sense is lost when arguing without civility.

I stopped debating SLI about 7 months ago. Now, I just show up here, look at the bulls#i!t shoveled our way each day, and push it back onto your side of the field.

LOL-makes for a really cool tshirt saying. Herb was the "culture." The SW success comes from the business model. Do you really believe you have special HR people to secretly screen real "people people?" Microsoft also still believes they are the best high-tech company in the industry because of their "people and culture." Think about it.

Who do you work for?

Reading responses from Ty Webb does not create a desire to argue with him, it creates a desire to tell the NC to modify the SWA CBA for a matched rate of AAI wages to capture the B717 rate as is. If they do not want what we have to work with then split them up. Transfer the B737 to SWA list hire off the street and rope off the B717, down grading as needed. Is that fair? No. But that is what happens when common sense is lost when arguing without civility.

I like this idea!!:beer:

Yeah because people know who you are now....how did that work out for you?

Not sure what you're blathering about, Chief.

If you haven't noticed, I just stopped debating SLI, not handing you your ass when you need it. :laugh:

Last edited:
Not sure what you're blathering about, Chief.

If you haven't noticed, I just stopped debating SLI, not handing you your ass when you need it. :laugh:

You're not going to realize what is happening to you until it is too late.:crying::crying::crying:

Latest resources

Back