• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't "outing" people on FI against the TCs?
I'd love it if both sides stop trying to out or pretending or actually doing it-- and just argue the merits/opinions they want. It's anonymous for a reason. Keep it that way. And if anyone thinks that an anonymous board is so influential or gets you so riled up that you have to stoop to trying to find out who people are, it's pretty pathetic.
I'll stop using PCL's initials, even though he and his people outed him long ago- if you know someone- keep it to yourself and don't worry about it-
Keep FI in perspective- remember 1% of AT people = 17. 1% of Wn =59- I really don't think we have that many participating-
it's cathartic and entertaining and most importantly a way to freely work out what you think in a debate w/o your true ID getting trashed if you go overboard bouncing opinions off people.
Besides, you don't win a debate by getting people to be afraid to talk.

Now, with that said we all know SWA is a better job and harder to get and should come with an improvement in seniority.
;)
The only thing I know more, since PCL forgot I feel this way- is that the combination will poise SWA to grow in ways we've been building toward for a long time. We all have bright futures and I don't hate anyone.

Wave,

This board is supposed to be informative, entertaining, and anonymous. No threats, or "outing" anyone should be allowed. People tend to disagree obviously, and some do cross over "the line." But, healthy debate should be entertaining, and civil. That's why I enjoy this board.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So Gen-

In your opinion- IF it goes to arbitration
Will an arbitrator take into account average age of each pilot group?
Will an arbitrator take into account that almost 2/3's of AT's fleet are smaller a/c while less than 5% of ours is?
Will an arbitrator take into account the superior contract we bring and the increased competitive hiring mins that resulted in our older group?

I know you're just trying to rule us up- but since you're going to give an opinion whether we care or not- answer each question. I'm curious.

And btw- you seem to be debating a staple that no one but BobDylan is floating... Why?
Yeah to poison the deal...

Im back to agreeing with Lear... Waiting sucks- can't wait til this is done - I'll get all trannies a waist high bottle of kettle one when it's done and all the wild turkey we can handle-

We still have to work out an 8000 pilot shot at 7:37pm on the day this is done...

Don't get so pompous on this board, many of us have "known" you for a quite awhile now. Time to reign it in.

LOL!, you know we can read the last name on your daughters jersey. You former ACA or did you ride it to the end with Independence Air?

Listen Klowney, nobody is "outing" PCL, I could care less who the guy is. But the fact remains, that the AirTran pilot with the "username" PCL_128 has posted his distaste for Southwest for many years, even while he was at Pinnacle. Now he is posting all over the board using quotations as his case for the future of Southwest and this acquisition. Looking at his past history toward Southwest, many of us have had enough of his "Deep Thoughts".

Listen Klowney, nobody is "outing" PCL, I could care less who the guy is. But the fact remains, that the AirTran pilot with the "username" PCL_128 has posted his distaste for Southwest for many years, even while he was at Pinnacle. Now he is posting all over the board using quotations as his case for the future of Southwest and this acquisition. Looking at his past history toward Southwest, many of us have had enough of his "Deep Thoughts".

Word.
And with him losing his alpa gig and his Gulfstream history- he's really not the best person to speak for the average AT pilot.

He just looks like a self entitled ex ALPA rep, in the middle of losing an ALPa career he seemed to care about more than flying-with a habit of taking career shortcuts. Since ALPA has a history of poisoning mergers and he just got
booted- accused of interfering with the SLI, if I were at AT, I'd be PMing him to shut it. AT arguments would be better received from people without such transparent conflicts of interest and political ambitions-
It seeps out of every word he says that no matter how great this is for AT pilots, he's bummed it's happening. I dont believe that represents most AT pilots- especially FOs.

So Gen-

In your opinion- IF it goes to arbitration
Will an arbitrator take into account average age of each pilot group?
Will an arbitrator take into account that almost 2/3's of AT's fleet are smaller a/c while less than 5% of ours is?
Will an arbitrator take into account the superior contract we bring and the increased competitive hiring mins that resulted in our older group?

I know you're just trying to rule us up- but since you're going to give an opinion whether we care or not- answer each question. I'm curious.

And btw- you seem to be debating a staple that no one but BobDylan is floating... Why?
Yeah to poison the deal...

Im back to agreeing with Lear... Waiting sucks- can't wait til this is done - I'll get all trannies a waist high bottle of kettle one when it's done and all the wild turkey we can handle-

We still have to work out an 8000 pilot shot at 7:37pm on the day this is done...

Wave,

Ok, I'll give my opinion, but it is just speculation.

Will the arbitrator take into account age? Do you mean Longevity, or time of service? I would say yes, probabaly. Southwest has been around longer.

Will airplane size affect it? Well, 717s are about the same size as 735s, and pretty close to 733s. I would say that is about the same, so I don't think that means much.

The superior contract is one thing that is great, but I don't know if it will be a big factor. Colgan was paid a lot less than the jet operators (Pinnacle and Mesaba), and it didn't seem to matter much. Maybe a little? Colgan Captains were mixed in with the other Captains.

And I don't think anyone but Bob wants a staple, but others on here seem to want the other group to thank them for everything, when they didn't have a choice in this matter. It was up to the boss. It's great they can get a better contract eventually, but they bring a lot to the deal too, in the form of slots, more planes, another base, etc. That cannot be ignored, or put down.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Your pay will help you
Our young pilot group will hurt us
Aircraft size shouldn't matter we both fly the same size airplane and both have one payscale.
The fact that we had pilots leave aai for swa will hurt us. I don't think it will matter that some of our pilots had apps in with swa.
At least this is what I've been told by people on mc at other companies who have gone through this.

that the AirTran pilot with the "username" PCL_128 has posted his distaste for Southwest for many years, even while he was at Pinnacle. Now he is posting all over the board using quotations as his case for the future of Southwest and this acquisition. Looking at his past history toward Southwest, many of us have had enough of his "Deep Thoughts".

Appearantly most of the Trannies feel the same way!

Nice post Green, at least it didn't have any spin..and that counts for alot in my book. Well done.

Isn't "outing" people on FI against the TCs?
I'd love it if both sides stop trying to out or pretending or actually doing it-- and just argue the merits/opinions they want. It's anonymous for a reason. Keep it that way. And if anyone thinks that an anonymous board is so influential or gets you so riled up that you have to stoop to trying to find out who people are, it's pretty pathetic.
I'll stop using PCL's initials, even though he and his people outed him long ago- if you know someone- keep it to yourself and don't worry about it-
Keep FI in perspective- remember 1% of AT people = 17. 1% of Wn =59- I really don't think we have that many participating-
it's cathartic and entertaining and most importantly a way to freely work out what you think in a debate w/o your true ID getting trashed if you go overboard bouncing opinions off people.
Besides, you don't win a debate by getting people to be afraid to talk.

Ah, back to the old Wave.

[/QUOTE]Now, with that said we all know SWA is a better job and harder to get and should come with an improvement in seniority.
;)[/QUOTE]

It took 30 years to get there with 9/11 and multiple bankruptcies of major airlines, we were only in our 17th, we're not worthy, we're not worthy, we're not worthy. It's kind of ironic to hear WN pilots discounting us just like other carriers' pilots discounting WN for so many years. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery :).

[/QUOTE]
The only thing I know more, since PCL forgot I feel this way- is that the combination will poise SWA to grow in ways we've been building toward for a long time. We all have bright futures and I don't hate anyone.[/QUOTE]

And... back to the old Wave.

It seeps out of every word he says that no matter how great this is for AT pilots, he's bummed it's happening.

Still trying to put words in my mouth, wave? You couldn't be more wrong. I think this merger is better for everyone. I'm quite happy about it.

PCL I don't care who you are nor do you care who some of the SWA pilots are, spending too much energy on flightinfo is not accidental. Swapa is not driving the message here, I wish alpa would stop. This is a pilot board not propaganda.

Latest resources

Back