• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like that ,athough walking around airports there are a lot of fat ass pilots, SWA included. Even the last ALPA video I just watched has 3 fat asses. Hard to believe that's the best alpa can come up with.

Hehe ... Unfortunately my post was a little tongue in cheek. We're not allowed photos on our union forum. Sad, since the possibilities are endless.

Something else to look forward to. SWAPA forum and the "other forum" allow pictures.

:cartman:

He is the one who has been saying that SWA needs AirTran to grow. The quotes are a matter of public record. I know you like to pretend that they don't exist, but they do.

You like quotes do ya?

“We’d always joke and say Southwest is coming to buy us. When it really happened, I just started crying. I was so overwhelmed with joy, honestly — overwhelmed with joy,”
-Flight Attendant Lori Threlkeld

“I’m looking forward to a better ending to my career than I had expected",
AirTran pilot Rik Carlson

“AirTran is a great little airline, but there was no guarantee that AirTran would be around for 32 years,” “I think Southwest is about as a close to a guarantee as you can get. If anyone can survive, Southwest will be around for 32 years. With a young family and a single paycheck, it just gives us some stability.”
-AirTran pilot Joel Strader

"Joining Southwest Airlines will give us opportunities to grow in ways that simply would not be possible without this agreement."
- AirTran chairman and CEO Robert Fornaro

And my favorite of all time.............:beer:

"I don't "hate" WN, it's just not a place I've ever wanted to work, and I don't think we'd do well in an acquisition situation."- PCL_128

Don't get so pompous on this board, many of us have "known" you for a quite awhile now. Time to reign it in.

Don't get so pompous on this board, many of us have "known" you for a quite awhile now. Time to reign it in.

LOL!, you know we can read the last name on your daughters jersey. You former ACA or did you ride it to the end with Independence Air?

Last edited:
I think we are lucky if we get a fair shake with the SLI. I don't think being stapled is lucky. That's the only downside I see being bought by a company with a strong balance sheet and senior pilot group. The whole we are better than you thing was bound to be unavoidable. I accept that it is not possible for a SWA pilot to see this any other way other than their own.

You mean like how Colgan was stapled at Pinnacle/Mesaba? They had a worse balance sheet, some very bad press due to a crash, and no jets. Oh wait, they weren't stapled. They actually did pretty well overall. A lot better than most had expected. It's called arbitration. Look into it. Don't manage your own expectations, and don't let your own NC or SWAPA do it to you either. Let someone with no conflicts of interest decide what really is fair.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Very well put. I couldn't agree more. . . . . If we were going to be be bought, I'm glad it was SWA, :D but to imply, as many SWA guys have, that we should be grateful to just walk away from our investment and start over at the bottom is ridiculous. We're not filling a vacancy, we're bringing the jobs with us. Don't like the jobs we're bringing? Think they're beneath you somehow? Don't bid 'em. :rolleyes:

I agree Ty. You don't owe any thanks to the Southwest pilots, they had NO say in the merger. That was GK's deal with investment bankers. He saw value in the merger, and he expects you to perform just as well as the current Southwest pilots. If that is the case, then you should be paid the same, and when it comes to the SLI, that should be either negotiated to your satisfaction, or you could choose another route, like arbitration, to make sure that ALL parties are treated fairly. Someone on the outside probably could look through the union morass and see where each pilot deserves to be.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Isn't "outing" people on FI against the TCs?
I'd love it if both sides stop trying to out or pretending or actually doing it-- and just argue the merits/opinions they want. It's anonymous for a reason. Keep it that way. And if anyone thinks that an anonymous board is so influential or gets you so riled up that you have to stoop to trying to find out who people are, it's pretty pathetic.
I'll stop using PCL's initials, even though he and his people outed him long ago- if you know someone- keep it to yourself and don't worry about it-
Keep FI in perspective- remember 1% of AT people = 17. 1% of Wn =59- I really don't think we have that many participating-
it's cathartic and entertaining and most importantly a way to freely work out what you think in a debate w/o your true ID getting trashed if you go overboard bouncing opinions off people.
Besides, you don't win a debate by getting people to be afraid to talk.

Now, with that said we all know SWA is a better job and harder to get and should come with an improvement in seniority.
;)
The only thing I know more, since PCL forgot I feel this way- is that the combination will poise SWA to grow in ways we've been building toward for a long time. We all have bright futures and I don't hate anyone.

You like quotes do ya?

“We’d always joke and say Southwest is coming to buy us. When it really happened, I just started crying. I was so overwhelmed with joy, honestly — overwhelmed with joy,”
-Flight Attendant Lori Threlkeld

“I’m looking forward to a better ending to my career than I had expected",
AirTran pilot Rik Carlson

“AirTran is a great little airline, but there was no guarantee that AirTran would be around for 32 years,” “I think Southwest is about as a close to a guarantee as you can get. If anyone can survive, Southwest will be around for 32 years. With a young family and a single paycheck, it just gives us some stability.”
-AirTran pilot Joel Strader

"Joining Southwest Airlines will give us opportunities to grow in ways that simply would not be possible without this agreement."
- AirTran chairman and CEO Robert Fornaro

And my favorite of all time.............:beer:

"I don't "hate" WN, it's just not a place I've ever wanted to work, and I don't think we'd do well in an acquisition situation."- PCL_128

I would absolutely turn these quotes in to an arbitrator. He/she probably will wait 5 seconds before they laugh and then belch. Who cares?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back