• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA 6.36% raise 9/1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Zymotic, yes, it is full 1 for 1 pay just as if you were up front.
Reason #547 to fly for the best airline in the world.

What is required to "opt" in for the -200. I understand that not everyone is required to get qualified in the -200 anymore. If you are not qualified in the -200 does it keep you from picking up trips in DAL and HOU in case of an unscheduled A/C swap?

By the way, were do I sign up?

Re: Canyon, sfo, swaguy:

Falconjet said:
Could any of you (or anyother 2nd or first year FO) break down your month in terms of schedule. Info like your domicile, days on/off, report times and duty day, where the overnights are, and when you get done at the end of the trip

Domicile: MDW

Days at work: Sept. 6-8, 13-16, 20-22, 27-29

Report Times: 14:30, 13:30, 13:25, 15:25, 12:50, 15:10, 13:00, 15:45, 13:50, 14:10, 14:10, 14:00, 12:35 for each day.

Duty Day (hrs): 8:10, 7:35, 7:45, 8:25, 7:35, 9:25, 9:55, 5:00, 10:50, 7:05, 7:50, 7:55, 7:50. Includes duty on and off times.

Overnights: SAN, PVD, LAS, SJC, MHT, OKC, SMF, ONT

xXpress1 said:
How does it work if you want to pick up trips from another base?

Are you able to pick up from the day the bid awards come out or is there a period of time that only trading/picking up from within the base is allowed?

Thanks

xXpress1,

If you bid to pick up from trips from another base, your seniority for that bid is below any other pilot from that domicile who also bids for that trip. The bids are all due at the same time (the day prior); it's just that your bid gets "subordinated" below any in-domicile pilots bidding for that trip. This "subordination" rule only applies to trips that are picked up from the company open time.

If you are trading trips directly with another pilot or accepting a give-away from another pilot, then it doesn't matter who is based where. As long as it's legal by FARs (30 in 7, etc.), you can trade trips, give away trips, or pick up trips from another pilot in a different domicile, and it's a done deal as soon as you make it happen on the computer; in other words, first come, first served.

Hope this helps,
Box

when dropping a trip.....can you drop it out right or does another pilot have to pick it up? At my previous job we could drop to 50 hrs credit w/ out even picking up the phone to call scheduling. As long as it wasn't what they refered to as an "embargo day."

another pilot

Another pilot has to pick it up - but that can happen pretty quick.

Extra Flying

Would anyone in the know care to explain EF, VJA, DOT, and LITT? Do any of these pay above the TFP rate? I know first year FO's get second year pay on some of these but what about when you are a second year FO or any other year for that matter.

VJA and JA pays 1.5 times your pay rate no matter how long you have been with the company. EF and DOT and MOT pays 2nd year pay to any first year pilots. First year guys try to avoid JA and VJA because second year pay is greater than 1.5 first year pay.

BAke

Bake,

For what it's worth (to any 1st year guys out there):

If you get stuck with a JA or VJA that would pay better for you as an Extra Fly (though, if it's a really small trip, you'll do better at 6.5 x first year pay than 2.0 x 2nd year pay -- JA gets all rigs, EF may not), ask scheduling if you can take it as an EF instead.

The worst they can say is no, and I've heard that frequently they're willing to do it.

Zymotic:

LITT pays straight pay, just like trading with another pilot or picking up a giveaway. For second year & beyond, EF, MOT, and DOT pay straight pay. As was mentioned, VJA & JA are always time-and-a-half. Rigs always apply to JA & VJA (though you don't get 1.5x the rig -- just 1.5x the flying, or the rig whichever is higher), and may or may not apply to the others.

It's a little complicated to explain like this; it'll make more sense when you see it in action.

Bill,

As I understand it, you get offered if you want to become -200 qualified; if you say yes, they qualify you & it's up to you to pick up enough to stay current ( 1 leg / 6 months will do). Some help available if you're having trouble picking up enough. I *think* that the non-200 guys can pick up DAL or HOU trips that don't have -200's in them, but I'm not 100% certain. If they need to do a swap, I guess they get a flag of some sort that says "nope, can't do that!" If you get here while the -200's are still an option, I'm sure they'll explain everything while you're in training.

Cheers,

Snoopy

Latest resources

Back