SWA 6.36% raise 9/1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vx9.tc said:
This note is mostly for 1st year guys looking for 2nd year pay, but also may be a good read for others able to help them.

If you want to try to maximize your availability to pick up second year pay you need to attempt to clear your board. I know what you're thinking, who would want a 4 day block of reserve? You may be surprised now and then, especially at the end of the month (no trailing legality).

Another possibility a few of us are still learning about is the ability to do a partial GA of the remaining portion of your RSV block (Remaining portion can not be picked up until your current day's RAP is complete.) How can this help? MOT, DOT and EF are already awarded by the time the partial GA can be picked up? If someone takes the remaining portion of your block you are now able to get on the EF list or check what's been assigned to the reserves. If you see something that got assigned to a reserve that you are legal for, call skeds and they'll give it to you for EF (2nd year pay). You can even post your GA if scheduling has already assigned you a trip for the following day. The guy taking your GA will be given the RSV block as well as the assigned trip. That may not be attractive to the pilot doing the pick-up, but it will get you off the hook for your 1st year pay reserve duty. The reason I said "may not be attractive" is because given your newly unassigned status you may want to then call scheduling to pick up any reserve assigned trip, including the one you just gave up. You get the trip for second year pay and the guy who helped you is now on the hook for reserve, giving the company another person to use for the unforseen sick-call or uncovered flying, possibly allowing scheduling to avoid a JA event.

You can find RSV assignment under the tab beneath "crew member assignments" labeled "Open time awards" or even a better place is under the "DRO" option.

Good luck out there guys, get that 2nd year pay!!!

PS if you're trying the partial GA with a trip already on your board, consider leaving a contact number in the notes so anyone interested could call to discuss your plan if the GA is processed.

Thanks for this info - was not aware we could ask for trips that have been assigned to reserves - and get 2nd year pay to boot!

I did just that and picked up a three day.

From the bottom of my wallet I extend my appreciation!

In hot if you are Phoenix based, thanks for letting me spend the weekend with my kids!

Re: More Questions

zymotic said:
Canyonblue: You posted the days you worked. Did you have SEP 1-5 off or were you flying a carryover trip?

My line had Sept 1-5 off but I found a daytrip on the 5th in giveaway that was starting out of my hometown (non-domicile) that was too good to pass up. It was another pilot on a 4 day trip that put his last day in giveaway. So on day 3, his trip will end and he will just fly home on his own, and I will now be flying his day 4. Pays great for a daytrip and I'll be back home in the afternoon.

Re: Re: More Questions

ivauir

Not me, I'm BWI - But good on ya. Have a great weekend.

The trip I picked up allows me to visit with my sister tonight and my brother tomorrow night.

What a tough job, eh?

Holiday pay?

Is there any kind of premium for Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years? I don't figure any of the other Fed Holidays would even be considered. Do any of those days have anykind of reduced schedule?

Thanx

Intel33,
Straight pay for all holidays including the days you mentioned for all flightcrew (Pilots / F.A.'s), ground crew are time/half.
Usually a greatly reduced schedule for Turkeyday/Xmas so you should be in your hotel room before Santa gets there.

-SM

Latest resources

Back