SWA 6.36% raise 9/1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay Skirt,

What the heck was that supposed to mean? When I flew for UAL I had fewer days off than I do now working for SWA!!! Go figure! I was on floater reserve getting 12 days off a month at UAL. When I get a reserve line at SWA I get 15 days off. The difference is now I don't sit around Denver for 3.5 hours waiting for my next flight!! My schedules are far more productive at SWA and a lineholder's monthly block hours are comparable.

BTW, you can drop your trips if you want to at SWA. You work as much or as little as you want to work.

Believe whatever you want to believe.
:rolleyes:

Spooky, Got a question for ya.......I am looking at my line for Sept. and I am going to fly 78 hrs of blk and be paid for 79 and I am going to get 15 days off. How would my 79 hrs of pay with 78 hrs of block convert to the average trips for pay/ block hrs for you guys and would you have more or less days off to come out the same? Just curious where I will end up after a 23% pay cut in comparison to Y'all. Thanks

xXpress1 said:
I think she means that SWA and JB are interested in people who are not afraid to work hard.

Thanks xXpress1 for jumping in. That is exactly what I meant. You xXpressed it much better than I!

Much Thanks
Skirt

dogg said:
I am going to fly 78 hrs of blk and be paid for 79 and I am going to get 15 days off. How would my 79 hrs of pay with 78 hrs of block convert to the average trips for pay/ block hrs for you guys and would you have more or less days off to come out the same?

My September line has:

Days Off: 17
Flight Hours: 74:55
TAFB: 227:10
TFP: 89.10
Pay converted to hours: 78:12

2nd year F/O

Actually that was my original line, I picked up a day trip in Trip Trade/Give Away. A fellow pilot was overnighting in my hometown and giving away that portion of the trip (the last day). We can split trips anywhere and give it away. I don't always add to my schedule but the chance to pick up a nice paying day trip starting out of my hometown was too much to pass over. I'm just surprised that SWA/FO didn't see it FIRST! Dude you're gettin slow
:D
As far as giving away trips, you can give away your whole line if you want. Flew with a Senior Captain a while back who gave away ALOT! But then again he lives in the Bahamas on his boat so I imagine he did not need to fly much. Nice to have options, stock options that is!

Last edited:
Picking up extra trips also depend on what base you are flying out of or how far you are willing to commute for extra fly. I here that places like HOU or DAL it is very hard to pick up trips while the more junior bases it is easy. I would imagine that picking up out of OAK is easy since not many people live there.

I pick up when as much as I can of good paying trips and live in base and average about 110-115 TFP per month. My highest was just over 154 with block hours about 80. No life though and would not do that again.

When I was computing all the numbers I just used contracted pay rates and normal line TFP (reserve is 90) anything over that is gravy. I would not set your sights too high and then find out you cant pick up. Also I do not figure perdiem in my pay as I usually spend all or close to it on the road.

Good luck.

This is an old number, so take it for what it's worth. A trip originally equated to the scheduled flight time between DAL and HOU or SAT, and is about 7 tenths.

waiting for my chance to jump into the deep end.
enigma,

Canyon, sfo, swaguy:

Could any of you (or anyother 2nd or first year FO) break down your month in terms of schedule. Info like your domicile, days on/off, report times and duty day, where the overnights are, and when you get done at the end of the trip would be enlightening, in addition to the block hours and pay you have already put out there. Just wondering what your Sep trips look like, realizing that there is probably no such thing as a typical line. Thanks for the input.

Deadhead Pay

Is the deadhead pay at SWA full pay. In other words, do you get make the same sitting in back as you do in front or is it cut in half or something?

Latest resources

Back