• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sure, Blow Off That College Degree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't look down on people for not having one, I look down on people who cannot comprehend basic English, which then puts me on the spot to correct there actions. I look down on people who cannot use a freakin IPAD also. Off to gym, you have a nice evening.

That's good exercise helps you relax.
I have been put on the spot as well, it's part of the job and it's why we have two pilots. I have caught some huge mistakes and other guys have caught mine. I don't fault the "majors" for wanting the degree. I knew that's what they wanted but did not get mine. It just seemed from reading your posts that it was very important to you and you seemed to infer that the only way to be a good pilot was to have one.
That's all I was getting at.
I hope you have a nice evening as well.

puts me on the spot to correct there actions.
correct English? "There" should be "Their", but I won't look down on you because I never look down on anyone, I always look up because every person has something to offer to me.

correct English? "There" should be "Their", but I won't look down on you because I never look down on anyone, I always look up because every person has something to offer to me.

That's not what I am talking about and pilotyip, you write like a 3 year old.

Try to understand this:

From the manual;

If condition A exist, then you may perform action B.

Condition A did not exist, but the captain did action B anyway. I told him he could not, and returned the switch to the correct position.

I asked him very nicely 3 times before I said NO, the switch is going in this position.

Last edited:
Pilotyip and Mungusass.... you two clowns are hopeless but entertaining nevertheless. Go easy on the boos before you jump on the computer. Your inferiority complex has pegged the meter. Does the WSJ have any articles about the origins of inferiority complex? Inquiring minds want to know!

That's not what I am talking about and pilotyip, you write like a 3 year old.
Wow a third grader with a BS and a MA

Pilotyip and Mungusass.... you two clowns are hopeless but entertaining nevertheless. Go easy on the boos before you jump on the computer. Your inferiority complex has pegged the meter. Does the WSJ have any articles about the origins of inferiority complex? Inquiring minds want to know!

I am only collector of information and that I place here from very well informed sources found in places like the WSJ. But you guys are so superior to those sources that you can clearly see the failures of their logic (notice correct placement of their not there) that it has to be ignored. If I am inferior in yours eyes, so be it. I will not be judged by you.

Remember WWII, it was in all the history books, well at least it used to be.
Robert Lovett, WWI Navy pilot and WWII Asst Sec of War for Air, may have saved the US in WWII. He showed we needed quantity, not quality. We will need 100K pilots per year, we will not get that many physically qualified college educated pilots. He said the college was not needed to fly an airplane, so he devised a test to identify those traits and knowledge levels needed to be successful in pilot training. He found that many college educated people could not pass this test, but many high school graduates could. These 19 year old pilots proved their worth all over the globe, flying equipment under conditions that would test almost all of us on this board.

Even back then they knew that a college had nothing to do with begin a good pilot

Last edited:

Boxboy I'm sorry you didn't get to be a fighter pilot. Boos? Did you mean booze?
Inferiority complex, inferior to whom, you? Now thats funny!
I suggest you remove the broomstick from your rectum and relax a bit.

DCAA320, we fly the same kit. You spent 4 years of your life and tens of thousands of dollars to do exactly the same job I do, so I am in fact living proof that you are wrong. its not required! By the way, I received a flying scholarship from the Royal Air Force at 16 years old and was the youngest licensed pilot in Scotland at the time. So whilst you were out picking up chicks and doing beer bongs with your frat brothers I was flying, who's the idiot?

I don't look down on people for not having one, I look down on people who cannot comprehend basic English, which then puts me on the spot to correct there actions. I look down on people who cannot use a freakin IPAD also. Off to gym, you have a nice evening.

That would be "their actions", Mr. Degree holder.

Boxboy I'm sorry you didn't get to be a fighter pilot. Boos? Did you mean booze?
Inferiority complex, inferior to whom, you? Now thats funny!
I suggest you remove the broomstick from your rectum and relax a bit

Obviously you can read but you can't comprehend. All you do is justify why a college degree is useless and accuse others of condescension. That is what I mean by inferiority complex.
How do you know that "I didn't get to fly fighters"? I'd suggest that you keep your pie hole shut until you get the facts straight. It's usually the loud weak sticks who have the biggest pie hole!

Latest resources

Back