• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sure, Blow Off That College Degree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if you don't get a four year degree, you are low intelligence or lazy Now I have to find that other WSJ article about all the successful people without degrees. And if college people are so smart why are companies testing college grads to see if they have learned anything. I can dig that WSJ article up also, although I think I have already posted it. I have to put you in that elitists category, because every chance you get you smack down anyone who is not a college grad

BTW: My grandson wrote a 29 ACT and had a Naval Academy nomination. I bet well above almost all the college graduates here, but he did not go to college, he joined the USMC. He wanted to serve his county. Is that because of his low intelligence and laziness.

Gramps, I think it's about time you try and master the English language. Put your emotions aside and re-read my post. You do know what "and/or" means, don't you? Typical....you see what you want to see.:eek:

One more thing gramps.... For a military man, you sure lack attention to detail. I'd sure hate to be in the same cockpit with you or be your wingman when $hit hits the fan. Better stick to the management side of the flying business.

One more thing gramps.... For a military man, you sure lack attention to detail. I'd sure hate to be in the same cockpit with you or be your wingman when $hit hits the fan. Better stick to the management side of the flying business.
Let's face it, college isn't for everyone nor is everyone cutout for it. If your IQ is mediocre and/or you just don't want to put in the effort,
How is that not a put down to everyone who has not graduated from college?

Post after post you show how little you think of those who do not have college degrees, how they can never be a good as you, and how they will never get an interview at a Legacy. But that is all very easy to do when you hide behind a screen name, which I prefer not to do.

BTW: If things work out for you, like they have for me, you too someday might be called "Gramps" and I hope in your case it is a term of endearment and not derision.

Last edited:
Let's face it, college isn't for everyone nor is everyone cutout for it. If your IQ is mediocre and/or you just don't want to put in the effort,
How is that not a put down to everyone who has not graduated from college?

Post after post you show how little you think of those who do not have college degrees, how they can never be a good as you, and how they will never get an interview at a Legacy. But that is all very easy to do when you hide behind a screen name, which I prefer not to do.

BTW: If things work out for you, like they have for me, you too someday might be called "Gramps" and I hope in your case it is a term of endearment and not derision.

Sorry, I can't help you with your reading comprehension (lack there of) nor with your lack of analytical thinking. You refuse to see the light. Truly a sad way to finish out your life. How often do you see people with degrees justifying why they got a 4 year degree or regret the fact? Who is louder when it comes to this debate and have to justify their lack of a college degree? Everyone needs to check their inferiority complex, which is self generated.
Regarding me making it to the golden years....when the good Lord calls, I will gladly go. Until then, we have very little control of our longevity here on earth, do we!

Let's face it, college isn't for everyone nor is everyone cutout for it. If your IQ is mediocre and/or you just don't want to put in the effort, a good trade school is a perfect fit. If you don't even want to go that route, there are plenty of layman work out there that'll pay above minimum wage. Just remember, you'll have to put your back into it. The pay for plumbers, electricians, mechanics, computer repairman, etc. vary by a great margin. A useless college degree can be a waste of money; too many people study Alcohol Management and Underwater Fire Prevention.:laugh: However, even a useless college degree will offer a second chance where as no college degree will lock you out for advancement, says corporate HR.This is the world we live in. Maybe it's just me but I don't know of anyone who said, "when I grow up, I want to be a plumber, electrician, gardener, mechanic, etc.".

Good thing I became a pilot then, I'm obviously too stupid to be a plumber without my degree.

How often do you see people with degrees justifying why they got a 4 year degree or regret the fact?
According to the WSJ, there are lots of college people who regret the fact they have tons of debt and are working in job that used to be done by a high school grad, like parking lot attendant

Regarding me making it to the golden years....when the good Lord calls, I will gladly go. Until then, we have very little control of our longevity here on earth, do we!
Sure we have a lot of control over longevity, don't smoke, don't fly or drive drunk, don't do drugs, don't stress out, don't engage sex outside of a committed relationship, and have a glass of wine a day and chill out.

Good thing I became a pilot then, I'm obviously too stupid to be a plumber without my degree.

You, too, need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Perhaps, a good college education would have given you those skills but some people are just hopeless.:rolleyes:

I know you dropped out of college or never went to college.

Tell me I am wrong.

You are correct and your point is?
I never said you shouldn't get one, my issue was they way you look down on those that do not have one. But you should be able to understand that right?

You, too, need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Perhaps, a good college education would have given you those skills but some people are just hopeless.:rolleyes:
A collelge dergee has nohting todo with raeding and wirting compreshenuison, I am pruod t obe looked dwon uopn lkie ypu pliotpayne. I wolud mcuh rahter be in your copmany than bobxoy's Can you imagin a five day with boxboy?

You are correct and your point is?
I never said you shouldn't get one, my issue was they way you look down on those that do not have one. But you should be able to understand that right?

I don't look down on people for not having one, I look down on people who cannot comprehend basic English, which then puts me on the spot to correct there actions. I look down on people who cannot use a freakin IPAD also. Off to gym, you have a nice evening.

Latest resources

Back