Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Super Pilots....I'm workin' with Idiots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MAPD screwups/screwoffs

Originally posted by stillaboo
There is a guaranteed interview with Mesa Air Group (Air Midwest, Mesa, and Freedom . . . .
Assuming, of course, that you keep your yap shut, hit all the gates in the program, keep the gatekeepers happy, maintain a B average in your flight courses, and keep your yap shut. Then, you'll get "the interview."

Essentially, "the interview" is yours to lose. That happened to one of my Mesa "students" ten years ago. Actually, the guy flew reasonably well and was a decent student. But overbearing and a major problem type. He was well known in infamy. I received this individual. He started off fine but became increasingly demanding. Then, he did not schedule for several weeks (which was fine by me). Then, he starts to play catch-up, arrives unprepared, flies with another instructor, and busts his stage check. During this time, he starts arguing with me during his long instrument cross-country regarding the pitch v. power debate, saying that the Assistant Chief declared what controlled what and that he would disregard my 3300 hours of dual given input on the matter (I am being vague deliberately because I don't want to incite another pitch v. power debate. :) ). I had enough of his lack of respect and went to the Chief Instructor. The Chief Instructor, who was quite familiar with this student, finally decided that this fellow could finish the program but he would not be sent to Corporate for an interview. By exhibiting attitude, this person lost a real opportunity that some people with tons more of experience never get.

Word to the MAPD wise should be sufficient.

Did I say to keep your yap shut?

Good luck with MAPD. And thanks to Stillaboo for updating my comments.

Last edited:
The only thing scarrier to watch than putting a 300 hour guy in an airliner is see a 3000 hour airline captain getting an initial tail wheel sign off.

Spaz attack!

bobbysamd said:
overbearing and a major problem type. He was well known in infamy . . . he would disregard my 3300 hours of dual given input on the matter

300 or 30,000 hours, would you want to fly with this 'spaz'?! Exactly. There was a guy more recently who wasn't hired. He says it's b/c he's middle eastern. Others say it might be because he called an administrator "a b*tch", landed on a closed runway b/c he had 'a fuel emergency' (it was found that he had about 1.5 hours of fuel left when he landed, enough to fly to his destination and still keep his 1/2 hour reserve), and failed a check 4 times (3 failures means you're kicked out). Is it any surprise he was willing to go to Freedom?

Maybe these 300 hour to the right seat programs do the industry a favor by seperating the wheat from the chafe?

Come on, can I get a little love here . . . a hug . . . anything?! :)

Originally posted by bandit110 The only thing scarrier to watch than putting a 300 hour guy in an airliner is see a 3000 hour airline captain getting an initial tail wheel sign off.

I watched a 777 captain try to grease a 172 on the other day. He flared right where he was supposed to . . . in a triple 7! Good thing that 172 has forgiving gear, 'cause he must have stalled it out at least 40 ft. above the runway!

-Boo!

Latest resources

Back