• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SunCountry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not think SWA was serious about the F9 offer, but rather just wanted a look at the books and/or to jack the price up for RAH which they did. The offer was based on a labor contingency to ensure that there was no obligation. No rational person could think a SLI was possible in the given timeframe...especially after the talk in the initial announcement about interviewing F9 personnel for employment consideration. While I do not think it was a good move for the F9 leadership to do what they did, I dont think it mattered in the end.

I do not think SWA was serious about the F9 offer, but rather just wanted a look at the books and/or to jack the price up for RAH which they did. The offer was based on a labor contingency to ensure that there was no obligation. No rational person could think a SLI was possible in the given timeframe...especially after the talk in the initial announcement about interviewing F9 personnel for employment consideration. While I do not think it was a good move for the F9 leadership to do what they did, I dont think it mattered in the end.

I think youre atleast partially right. I think we were interested in a deal if a good one could be reached (having nothing to do with the pilot groups). Absent that we would be able to do all of the things you are talking about.

Im more than a little ashamed to have been lured in by the General and to have brought up this tired subject once again. All the same, Im interested in hearing his answers to my post.

Personally, I think Alaska should grab Sun Country for no other reason than to preempt other airlines.

If im not mistaken, Sun Country is non union. Integration would be a non-event.

In your mind General, was the SWAPA staple any less reasonable than the relative seniority plus 36k per year indefinitely for every guy on furlough that FAPA wanted? Would that have been a fair deal if DAL were buying them?

The two sides were not given enough time to work this out. We might have been able to come to a compromise had Stemmler and the other FAPA guys shown up for the final day of negotiations. They did not, and did not return calls. Did you know that?

I am not familiar with your FAPA reference. Here is what happened with our DL/NWA negotiations:

3 neutral arbitrators came up with the final seniority number at DL. The NWA guys got a pay raise and kept their pensions. Nothing I just stated was made up, those are the facts. We all made our initial pitches to the arbitrators, but we NEVER said anything about a staple. We knew that was ridiculous. SunCountry has larger planes than Southwest does, but obviously fewer of them and not as good of a contract. Regardless, SunCountry should be treated with respect, and not made to bend over to your cocky wishes.

Redflyer,

You are looking for any opportunity to screw people, and you can't take it that people would actually have the audacity to think that they don't want to have what you have, or do what you do. Not everyone wants the potential to fly 5 or 6 legs a day, even at your payrate. 20 years of that would send a lot of people to an early grave. Enjoy your next day of flying: DAL-LBB-ABQ-PHX-LAS-RNO-SJC. No thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
How does sun country serve all those destinations with 8 airplanes?

Latest resources

Back