• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SunCountry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well since APC is stating the 12 year Capt is topped out at $127 an hour I guess they will have an interesting argument trying to justify a jump to SWA Capt pay. Career expectations, pay, QOL...the fact that the company filed for CH 11 in October should be a good one.

A compromise would have likely been reached had FAPA president John Stemmler and his crew bothered to show up. They didnt, and neglected to return phone calls. You call us "cocky"?
Just curious, have you actually asked any of the SWAPA reps involved in FAPA negotiations whether their spin regarding neglecting to return phone calls is true? Try it out face to face and see how they respond. You might be surprised.

I am not familiar with your FAPA reference. Here is what happened with our DL/NWA negotiations:

Redflyer,

You are looking for any opportunity to screw people, and you can't take it that people would actually have the audacity to think that they don't want to have what you have, or do what you do. Not everyone wants the potential to fly 5 or 6 legs a day, even at your payrate. 20 years of that would send a lot of people to an early grave. Enjoy your next day of flying: DAL-LBB-ABQ-PHX-LAS-RNO-SJC. No thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, What are you talking about? I said nothing about 5 legs a day and you just pull it out of thin air. When will you give it up and realize that Hose is right, we do our own feed. You don't. Enjoy your RJ's.

RF

The Rumors of SWA buying Sun Country have been there for the past 10-12 years and very strong rumors they have been for that time frame. Back in 2000 it was a done deal from the people I knew in marketing and it never happened. Once they got the 737 on property it was going to happend again for real it was talked about and never happened. I still would be surprised if SWA bought Sun Country, they dont need to. The HHH terminal has many gates avail and if SWA wanted to really increase the MSP presence all they would have to do is ask for more gates and they would get them. Sun Country is a great place to work , and would bet most of the pilots would not want a buyout from SWA if SCA could make it on its own which they have still done in the worst of airline times!!!

related Content
Sun Country Airlines, battling to survive a cash squeeze, filed for bankruptcy protection Monday in a move that separated itself from its majority stockholder, Tom Petters, whose other businesses have been taken over by a court appointee as part of a massive fraud case.
"We're not in bankruptcy because of our business model being broken," Stan Gadek, Sun Country's CEO, said in an interview. "We are in bankruptcy because of the recent events at Petters Group Worldwide."

Airline leaders say they expect to survive a cash crisis but warned of layoffs or a shutdown as early as Dec. 1 to comply with a 60-day notification law.

this is a Oct 6th article

Just curious, have you actually asked any of the SWAPA reps involved in FAPA negotiations whether their spin regarding neglecting to return phone calls is true? Try it out face to face and see how they respond. You might be surprised.

Yes, actually, I have asked more than one SWAPA rep who were DIRECTLY involved. FAPA gave SWAPA the cold shoulder on Thursday. That afternoon the judges ruling became law.

Why are we talking about this again?

Gup

Back to my post. As far as a fair integration IN MY MIND for a potential SunCountry and SWA merger or takeover, I would say a ratio, but having the senior SunCountry pilots (many have been there over 20 years probably---not because they are periahs, but rather they liked MSP) be blended in close to senior FOs at SWA. Maybe at the 50% point and then downward. Maybe 1 SunCountry Captain and then throw in 20 or 30 SWA FOs. In other words, keep it at SWA's favor, but don't destroy the SunCountry guys for being loyal to their previous company. You guys can come up with the ratio (30 to 1, or 35 to 1---whatever), but it allows some better QOL for some of their senior guys. Throwing them all on the bottom and given reserve for the next few years until you expand more is NOT the way to do it. That is all my opinion, and you guys have to get off the cocky train.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So if Delta decided to buy Sun Country, would you be okay with some SC pilots coming in senior to you, General?

For everyone else, I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but I really am curious about his answer.

BJK,

Why would SWAPA have any inclination to fabricate that whole story? What advantage would that give them? Now on the other hand, what would be the advantage of the FAPA dudes doing the same?

Our M & A committee and President made numerous attempts to contact Stemmler and your M & A team without a single returned email or call. Simply put, he bought what Bedford was buying and figured that we weren't bluffing about NOT going to arbitration. When he figured that we weren't going to arbitration, he likely thought Bedford's empty promises were a better deal than the poor staple job from SWAPA. Nice job having FO's at the table, though. :rolleyes:

I really wish the best for the F9 guys, but your representation sucks. If I were an F9 dude and I knew how your FAPA guys behaved, I'd be pissed and betrayed.

yes i have

Latest resources

Back