• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sully and Jeff Skiles LGA-CLT today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was done so Sully can have an ending to his book. I'm sure that will be a great book!!! thats a joke who the hell would read his book

I guess you know the procedures for USAIR huh? Could it be they do things differently than Delta????

On the 400 our procedures are for the flying pilot to fly and work the radio and the NFP works the checklist.

Did he get the "ditch switch" while he was at it? I guess not. Oh wait, those are USAIR procedures---one guy flies and talks on the radio while the other scrambles for a checklist. Obviously some things were missed, but being at such a low altitude I don't think only one guy should have been heads out, while the other buried in a book. It sure seemed like a one man show to me, which thankfully ended better than expected. I just would have EXPECTED to hear one voice, and then read the OTHER guy hand flew it in. Most of us hadn't heard who the FO was, or even if there was one. It was all about Sully. He told the stews to brace for impact. He told the controller he was heading for the Hudson. He hand flew it in. I guess Skiles was a newhire, with 36 years with the company...... But maybe that is a USAIR procedure.........classic.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Did he get the "ditch switch" while he was at it? I guess not. Oh wait, those are USAIR procedures---one guy flies and talks on the radio while the other scrambles for a checklist. Obviously some things were missed, but being at such a low altitude I don't think only one guy should have been heads out, while the other buried in a book. It sure seemed like a one man show to me, which thankfully ended better than expected. I just would have EXPECTED to hear one voice, and then read the OTHER guy hand flew it in. Most of us hadn't heard who the FO was, or even if there was one. It was all about Sully. He told the stews to brace for impact. He told the controller he was heading for the Hudson. He hand flew it in. I guess Skiles was a newhire, with 36 years with the company...... But maybe that is a USAIR procedure.........classic.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Your Sarcastic jealousy really entertains me!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

...The "ditch switch" is on the ditching checklist. it is 3 pages long, and totally obsolete at 3000 ft. The immediate threat in this case was a dual engine failure, which would warrant the dual engine flame-out in-flight restart checklist. These guys attempted to regain thrust all the way in. What would YOU have done General? oh master of the skies.

Granted Sully and Skiles did a great job that day, but it begs one more question...

How much more PR can USAir squeeze out of this story?

...The "ditch switch" is on the ditching checklist. it is 3 pages long, and totally obsolete at 3000 ft. The immediate threat in this case was a dual engine failure, which would warrant the dual engine flame-out in-flight restart checklist. These guys attempted to regain thrust all the way in. What would YOU have done General? oh master of the skies.

Thanks for putting that tool in his place.

Maybe the idiot can tell us how effective closing the outflow valve (2.5 Sq/ft?) would have been when probably 150+ sq/ft of lower aft body fuselage skin was ripped open by the impact.

Genital Lee Herpes has no life. That's why he has 14,000 posts... this IS his life. Just ignore the tool.

Last edited:
Genital lee is about as dumb as it gets. Absolutley clueless. It is hard to believe he is an airline pilot. The things this dumbass puts out is really something else. Another PFT rookie with an attitude.

M

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back