Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Students and freshly minted commercial pilots read here!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dear McJohn,

While we appriciate your attempts to correct all the wrong doing in this industry, I believe you are talking out of place. First, you talk of the other bridge programs and flight schools as if you have first hand experience with them, when you do not. Your knowledge of everything in the industry is based on hearsay, testimony, and flightinfo rumor if you have not actually experienced it. Secondly, you believe that only total time counts in the quality of a pilot. I have flown with T-38 IP's that suck worse than guys with 230 hours just of IOE in the BE1900. I doesn't matter where you come from, your background, or your flight time. If you can't operate aircraft with skill, you will never be able to. Moving on. You seem to believe that everyone with turbine time below 1000 hours has had their rich parents pay for them. That is simply not true. I have a debt to Key Bank, not to the rents. And BTW, my parents are middle class as with most of the people who I know at my airline. Finally, you are not in the airline industry. Stay within your own realm.

Advice:

1. Keep instructing. get out as soon as possible and into turbine equipment. (no duh)

2. Do not take a job in a jet for $20 an hour. You are just as bad as all the ones you are pointing your finger at if you accept. The regional jet IS the downfall of compensation in the industry. Ask any transportation or aviation analyst. Go to a turboprop regional, upgrade to Captain quick.

3. Don't run you mouth about things you don't have a first hand knowledge of.

4. People who train at the places mentions get jobs. And they get them quickly. I was a CFI for three years. While it did teach me things and I do recommend it, I got nothing out of it towards advancing my career. Most of this was attributed to 9/11. I finally broke down and went to GIA. Now I am a Captain at 25, I have 1000 PIC turbine and I am ready to move up. Best thing I ever got in debt over.

Reason I can talk:

I have been on both sides of the fence and see the truth. I used to point fingers at my own students at GAA and ask why they were in the airliner and I was not. The reason was because they were career smart and I wasn't.

I am not biased or jealous (anymore). I once was as an instructor. That is how I know you are jealous and that you feel as though no one else deserves those jobs but you.

I have first hand experience with what you speak of. Good luck to all of you. Don't listen to anyone but yourself. They don't know whats best for you.

The_Russian said:
...propaganda...

Not everyone is as fortunate and as lucky as you are. Some of us did go through fast track programs and got taken. I for one have certificates that are useless and a logbook that hasn't been opened in months because I can't afford to get into the business. I don't have any more fuggin' money. So maybe you shouldn't run your mouth too quickly either. The whole point to this thread is to advise people NOT to jump into this industry too quickly and definitely consider the ramifications of fast track programs. Because they all lie and definitely don't paint you the real picture of this fuggin' career path.

Not everyone is as fortunate and as lucky as you are.

Not fortunate or lucky. I worked very hard to get where I am. It wasn't all about GIA.

So maybe you shouldn't run your mouth too quickly either. The whole point to this thread is to advise people NOT to jump into this industry too quickly and definitely consider the ramifications of fast track programs.

I am not running my mouth. I speak the truth.

Because they all lie and definitely don't paint you the real picture of this fuggin' career path.

The airlines follow suite with the schools. They will tell you the same poop.

Sorry buddy, if you really wanted it you would beg for it. You could still be flying part time to build hours. I hear this stuff all the time.

The_Russian said:
Sorry buddy, if you really wanted it you would beg for it. You could still be flying part time to build hours. I hear this stuff all the time.

Look a$$hole, if I had the money, I would be flying everyday. But I don't. I gave all my money into CAPT and outside flying to try to get ahead. And it got me to the point where I'm about to declare bankruptcy. So do me a favor and don't insult me because I DID want it and I DID try hard. I ran out of money to keep this crap up. So, unless you know some company that's willing to put my ass in a plane for free or find me a jet job of which I'd be happy to fly for nothing in order to make myself more attractive to the airlines, I'd appreciate it if you just shut it.

Not nice!

Look a$$hole, if I had the money, I would be flying everyday. But I don't. I gave all my money into CAPT and outside flying to try to get ahead. And it got me to the point where I'm about to declare bankruptcy. So do me a favor and don't insult me because I DID want it and I DID try hard. I ran out of money to keep this crap up. So, unless you know some company that's willing to put my ass in a plane for free or find me a jet job of which I'd be happy to fly for nothing in order to make myself more attractive to the airlines, I'd appreciate it if you just shut it.Today 16:29

Not very nice of you! Look, obviously you don't understand what I am trying to say. It doesn't take money to fly airplanes. You can pump fuel at an FBO for a decent wage and make connections flying everything from Cessnas to Jets. I did it for two years. You may only get 200 hours a year or so if you push really hard at it, but it's a start. There are a thousand low time jobs out there to build total time at decent wages. It seems to me like you DON'T want it anymore. The only reason you want me to shut up is because I turned on the light while you were sleeping.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I know I tried and gave my money into flying. And now I got 100K of debt to pay off. Tell me again how I'm going to make $1000 monthly payments along with the cost of living pumping gas at a FBO?

"I am not running my mouth. I speak the truth"

Russian, you are so full of it. The vast majority of professional pilots who know about the Gulfstream scheme HATE it and what it stands for. THAT'S the truth. What hole do you live in that you don't see that?

Anybody who had the skill and ability to get into a T38 deserves a lot more respect as a pilot than your give them credit for. Take a T38 guy with no airline background or tubroprop time and put them in a 1900 and they will struggle for a while. But ya know what, they paid their dues, which is a lot more than a 500 hour guy that leaves the Gulfstream program with no CFI.

Ninja, just ignore this guy, he's a tool. And thanks for posting at JC. It's nice to have you around.

Hi Russian. Good to hear from you. I'm totally open to opposing views here and you make some O.K. points. Gulfstream has worked for some. So has CAPT. My mission here it to expose to people the financial risks associated with attending these places. In my opinion these financial risks are NOT worth it unless you just have money to burn. If you want to guarantee that your money is put into a WISE investment then GAA or CAPT is not the place. Also, those places undermine the industry. Every single bit of training that you recieve at GAA or CAPT is what most airlines will PAY YOU to recieve once you make it there. Aaaaanyway:

The_Russian said:
Advice:

2. Do not take a job in a jet for $20 an hour. You are just as bad as all the ones you are pointing your finger at if you accept. The regional jet IS the downfall of compensation in the industry. Ask any transportation or aviation analyst. Go to a turboprop regional, upgrade to Captain quick.
Better yet, don't take a job flying a BE1900 for 7 bucks an hour!!??

3. Don't run you mouth about things you don't have a first hand knowledge of.
I find it extremely important that people don't allow themselves to get ripped off just because they "don't have 1st hand knowledge about the industry."
Also, my posts aren't so much about what to expect once you're in the airlines as they are about wise financial moves before you get there.

4. People who train at the places mentions get jobs. And they get them quickly.
Let's be realistic. Not ALL people who go to those places get jobs quickly or even at all. The one's who do get the jobs will make 20k a year to start if they're lucky. The most deferment on that Key Bank loan is 6 months. So, the new hire can expect to pay house/apartment rent $600-1000/month along with at least $400/month on the flight training loan. Where's the money for a car or eating out or dating gonna come from making 20k/year.

I once was as an instructor. That is how I know you are jealous and that you feel as though no one else deserves those jobs but you.
There's a difference between jealousy and envy. I envy pilots that have a decent job and QOL about as much as you envy the captains of a say a 747 or something. This is not about who deserves the jobs as much as the effect that buying right seat time in a 121 operation has on the industry while at the same time ruining someone's financial well being.

Russian, I remember you well. I came here about 3 years ago to get some info on Gulfstream and you stuck up for me when everyone was ripping me a knew one as I came up with creative excuses to go to GAA. Over that time I have done a lot or research on most PFT programs. I know a lot about them. All I can say is that I chose my path and now I own a house and have no debt and good QOL. The price payed for that - I don't have a jet job and won't qualify for one any time soon and I'm O.K. with that especially considering the negative impact GAA and CAPT and all that has on the industry and the financial well being of the attendees.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back