Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Students and freshly minted commercial pilots read here!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks but I'm about one foot in the bankruptcy hole. I don't have money for anything these days. I'm just trying to find a job that will pay enough for me to pay my monthly CAPT loan. I don't foresee PIC in a single engine any time soon in the next few years.

Primarily IT work but at this point, anything that will bring in money so that I can direct deposit to my lender would be fine by me.

I Give Props McJohn, I toured two of the schools with glossy magazine ads almost vomited on myself at the price tag associated with there training. I went to a state run flight school in Georgia and only had to pay for the flight time, all the ground school and instructors where paid by the tax payers. I am now Chief Pilot on a King Air 200 with only 1200 hundred hours of total time in my book.

GAVTC or Georgia Aviation and Technical College and it is located in beautiful Eastman Georgia. I did Private thru CFI in a year and a half, I was patient because it was just after 911. After I finished I instructed there for six months and got my CFII and MEI for the cost of a checkride. Afterwards I got another intern thru the school with the Georgia DOT flying King Air 90s out of Fulton Co. as a Co-pilot. I was there for three months and walked into my present job flying a Chieftain for just under a year and now a King Air 200 single pilot. All of this for less than 25K.

Damm sperly! I was looking so hard for a place like that because I always knew that GA had great state financial aid support and HOPE grants and all. Never found it though. Dammit!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well I got all mine for 30k but still no CFII or MEI. Thanks for sharing the info. Hopefully someone will read this and go there.

buffettck said:
Yay...rah, rah... I want to be in you... :rolleyes:

2200 hrs after 8 years? I guess you're in for the looooong haul. Don't worry, be happy. :)
You want to be in me???????

Latest resources

Back