Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
Pseudo I don't really care about your plight, or the fact YOU can live on 22k. Not my problem. I don't care. We are fighting for a better QOL. Accept it and stop trying to bring negativity.

NJA states that a pilot cannot live on 1st year wages.

I was stating a fact that someone can.

Negativity??? I am not part of a pilot group who is always talking about how they are getting the shaft....poor me, what am I going to do if I don't get 100K in year 5, etc.

You guys say how the grass is greener on the other side.......I am just pointing out that it isn't! You will find out in the coming months!

FAcFriend said:
semper,

I dont know how long ago you worked for your old company. many companies in the past did alot of things-

things change. I know of few companies today that will pay for you to take courses that are not directly related to your present job.

i think many co still do it. mostly fortune 500 types. i guess we will have to agree to disagree :)

Eating beans and franks and having some hooker shoot up in the alleyway is not a good way to live.

No thanks- I'll work hard at providing more for my family. 20k is an embarassment. But i guess for you the 15k a coex pilot makes is more than enough.

Diesel said:
Eating beans and franks and having some hooker shoot up in the alleyway is not a good way to live.

Hey, "spin" it whatever way you want. You guys still won't get even close to what you are demanding.

Period.

Don't like the truth? Maybe you ought to look into the Truck Driver info I posted a few pages back.

oldfart said:
I'm looking for some strainght poop as I have a classdate for Indoc of 20 June 05

1). Should I "plan" on a strike three days after I get there?
2). I refuse to be a scab - what about finishing taining (G-200) though?
3). What can I expect with a new contract (pay, workrules, etc.)?
Anything else that could influence my decision to give up CRJ IP job at Independence Air to go to NJ?

Thanks, Nick

Nick,I personaly wouldnt leave your position for NJA unless you are forced to. We can't tell you if there will be a strike or what the work rules will be. Personally I dont think a strike will happen. If you want to work 14/10 for 5, 6 or 7 days straight, never having a normal sleep pattern or know what time you will go to work or come home the hop on board. I am not trashing the NJA, just simply stating the facts.

h25b said:
Well sir, obviously you've been sleeping through your own union's rhetoric because against the wishes of everyone else not to be involved you've all been doing a pretty good job of doing exactly that. First, with the single carrier lawsuit, second with the scab-listing threat for the 135 guys, and then with all of this "less-safe, less-trained, less-productive" garbage. Like I've said a thousand times, you keep double talking.
Can you please explain what bearing a single carrier suit has on any 135 or corporate operator? Exactly how will this have any effect on you personally? More importantly, why are you concerned with an internal issue like this? How is this rhetoric?

The SCAB list thing you keep bringing up is nothing more than rhetoric. Griz did a nice job of explaining it to you, but I am sure we will see more comments about it. Rhetoric from the union or the ones who keep bringing it up?

Not even sure why anyone wastes their time responding to a moron like PseudoName. He is interested in driving trucks and making $20K a year. It's foolish to argue with an idiot.

Live4flyng said:
Not even sure why anyone wastes their time responding to a moron like PseudoName. He is interested in driving trucks and making $20K a year. It's foolish to argue with an idiot.

Obviously you have no humor.

No wonder NJA management is winning in the contract negotations!

FAcFriend said:
Diesel

I Understood you want them to pay for your college too. But corp pays for courses related to your job -

If you are a pilot they pay for your training related to your job AND pay for your time to take them-

For other employees they pay for courses related to their jobs and do not pay for the time for the employees to take them.

FAc,

Netjets will pay for continuing education to non-bargaining employees whether it is company related or not. As long as you attend college and maintain a certain GPA, they will pay for it. Doesn't matter if you are taking classes in the aviation field or nose picking 101.

Ce 750

I dont think so, not anymore. courses are to be related to your job and it is up to a maximum amount, and you are paid according to your grade in the class.

FAcFriend said:
Ce 750

I dont think so, not anymore. courses are to be related to your job and it is up to a maximum amount, and you are paid according to your grade in the class.

He is right - its has to be approved by your "sup" and related to your job.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back