Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CapnVegetto said:
NetJets doesnt make money on fuel. We charge our owners our actual cost of fuel so any savings on fuel go to the owners - not management, not employees.

I know that. I was asking a question to get an idea of management's intentions. You didn't answer it.

I'm not following you on this one Capn.

CapnVegetto said:
Originally Posted by CapnVegetto
Oh yeah, and state to me right now with 'good company' with 'good labor relations' in aviation is LOSING money right now.

Okay....Continental airlines. How about this one - what good (or bad) aviation company with bad labor relations is making money right now? How about Fedex and UPS?

Continental isn't making money. They're still losing. Granted, they're losing less than everyone else, but they're still losing. And don't forget the fact that they probably have the BEST labor relations of all the Legacy carriers.

I know that Continental is losing money, that was my point. I read your initial post as asking 'which good company with good labor relations in aviation is losing money'.

CapnVegetto said:
Originally Posted by CapnVegetto
CapnVegetto said:
Since you have such good sources, maybe you can do this: post how much each management member of NJA makes, and I'm not talking just salary. I mean stock options, bonuses, executive perks, usage of company equipment, expense accounts. Basically, all that they get that pilots don't.

I wish I could, but I dont know what the managers of NJA make, nor do I care. What I care about is making enough money to feed my family and pay my mortgage, which I can currently do.

However, thanks to the power of the internet, I can post how much the leaders of the Teamsters make:

http://www.tdu.org/HoffaWatch/Club2004/club2004.html

Looks to me like 30+ years of Teamsters representation at NetJets has helped line the pockets of the people on this list, but they havent helped our pilots. Tell me again why I should join a union?

I never said you should, I never said I was pro-union. I'm anti-hypocritical management, and that INCLUDES management of unions. Show me that the pilots at NJA aren't getting screwed, and I'll shut up. But until you do so, it's not gonna happen.

I've got to disagree with you on this one Capn. The pilots of NJA are NOT getting screwed. They are actually in the enviable position of being able to argue about the size of the raise they deserve. Everyone agrees they should get a raise, including management.

The pilots getting screwed are the 8,000+ pilots on furlough from Delta, American, United, USAir, and Northwest.

More pilots getting screwed are the Alaska pilots that just took a 24%-34% wage CUT when their company is profitable.

More pilots that got screwed are the TWA guys that were stapled to the bottom of the American seniority list and then promptly laid off.

Even more pilots getting ready to be screwed are the pilots at America West and US Air that are going to be merged in the next few years....who will get laid off as a result?

Against this backdrop, it is easy to see that NJA pilots arguing over the size of the raise they deserve are NOT getting screwed.

Too much typing family guy.

We are not happy with the company's offers. Its as simple as that.

Put out an acceptable offer or lets go to RELEASE.

El Chupacabra said:
Too much typing family guy.

We are not happy with the company's offers. Its as simple as that.

Put out an acceptable offer or lets go to RELEASE.

yeah, well I'm not happy with my kids demands sometimes....does that mean I give up and drop them off at the local adoption agency?

Even though I wish I could sometimes, I know that the better long term solution is to work out a COMPROMISE and get on with life....

Familyguy,

You can't compare us to the legacy carriers. Their industry is going through a paradigm shift of correction.

We are just trying to RISE to a level of industry standard. As it said in the pager brief from the Death Star; compare "apples to apples".

BTW...are you privy to the companys latest proposal?

Hogprint said:
Familyguy,

You can't compare us to the legacy carriers. Their industry is going through a paradigm shift of correction.

We are just trying to RISE to a level of industry standard. As it said in the pager brief from the Death Star; compare "apples to apples".

No, I havent seen the latest proposal, just the references to it on this board. Is it posted somewhere?

Hogprint said:
Familyguy,

Hogprint - I agree that we should be comparing Apples to Apples. The best Apples-Apples comparison is NJ vs the other fractionals.

For the same reasons why we shouldnt compare NJ Pilots to Legacy carriers we shouldnt try to draw comparisons to Part 135 Corporate flight Dept Pilot jobs. There are simply too many differences....with the most obvious ones being staffing ratios and schedules.

I mentioned the legacy carrier pilots plight simply to illustrate that we really are being silly by arguing so vehemently over the SIZE OF A RAISE when so many of our aviation colleagues are out of a job.

The latest company proposal is contained within the text of the message of the MEC's NMB sumation. NJA line pilots should be getting a message from their respective reps.

Its really time to STOP discussing what may or may not be offered with people on this board. They can read all the propaganda they want if they have access to the Intranet. You don't know who your talking with or their reason for being here. The non-bargining employees are not at risk, nor will they help us achieve our goals.
Time to close the tent flaps, while we fininsh this contract.

x402 said:
Its really time to STOP discussing what may or may not be offered with people on this board. They can read all the propaganda they want if they have access to the Intranet. You don't know who your talking with or their reason for being here. The non-bargining employees are not at risk, nor will they help us achieve our goals.
Time to close the tent flaps, while we fininsh this contract.

Thank you....that's exactly what I've wanted for some time now. I've never understood the tendancy of people to get on these public forums and use it as a tool to tear down the company and disparage its leaders. It serves no good purpose and only inflames the emotions of everyone in the company and related industries.

People should recognize what's going on and realize that negotiations are a process that is best left behind closed doors and between the appointed representatives of both groups. You'll never gain anything by trying to negotiate in public. Also, airing our dirty laundry in public and tearing down leaders of both sides by making disparaging comments will only make it harder for everyone to get back to work and be productive once this process has been completed.

Latest resources

Back