Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some Dude said:
H2b what's the deal with your current position as car sales?

Did you lose your job flying? Is that why you are so bitter towards NetJets? There are a lot of companies hiring. If I lose my job at NJA I already have another job waiting. In fact I have had numerous offers from other flight departments. They seem to like the experience and high qualifications that NJA crews have.

Very cryptic isn't it... Hmm... ??.. Very much employed thanks. Not bitter at all, shocked perhaps, but not at all bitter.

Numerous offers from other flight departments ? If that's true why don't you take one of them ? I'm quite aware of the many departments hiring, there always is. What people like myself and perhaps G200 can't figure out is this idea that some of these Netjets guys seem to have that the whole world owes them something. Really man, everyone knew what the pay scale was when you signed on. Also, everyone would agree with the fact that your current position sucks. What I would suggest is that your union collectively muzzle the morons out there throwing around the scab-listing idea and get together to collectively fight your battle with management in a constructive manner (behind closed doors). Leave the rest of the world out of it because NOONE really gives a squat. Or at least we didn't before they started with the threats.

I think you need to rewind and look at who's picking this fight.... So allow me to give you some samples...

Starman said:
Let's assume that we actually go out on strike. I'm supposed to be all lovey-dovey with a 135 pilot that is flying a trip chartered by Netjets to cover a flight that I would normally fly were it not for our strike? That 135 pilot is making it easier for Netjets to continue standing firm with their crappy last offer to the pilots because their customers are being taken care of. Honestly, I could care less what that 135 pilot thinks. He's taking money from me and my family at that point.

Anyone who flies a contracted flight for Netjets or Marquis during a legal strike by Netjets pilots is crossing a picket line and flying struck work. If they do that, it has long-term ramifications.

netjetwife said:
Here's an interesting thought: wouldn't it be nice if a groundswell of support across the industry made management bring a real offer to the table that could lead to an actual contract. Is it not possible that a show of solidarity NOW could prevent a strike LATER? If they didn't think they could count on the charter companies to help them out...aren't some of them already saying "Sorry, too busy"?....would they still be willing to force the pilots to take it that far???

There were many other more colorful comments posted. Some have gone back and edited them away (i.e. Starman). Some have even seemed to find some new found position of reason (i.e. El-Chup, he was referring to people burning in h&ll)...

Last edited:
Yada Yada Yada....... thats all I hear on this ......Yada Yada Yada...

H25B, YOU ARE A FRIGGIN' BROKEN RECORD!!!!

Jeezus!!!!!!!

Obviously yet another case of selective memory... :rolleyes:

Broken record ??? Check out netjetwife's posts, that sir is a broken record. On this subject I'll take that as a compliment. A broken record is at least consistant, there sure doesn't seem to be much of that coming from your union (at least on the 135 scab list threat).

Last edited:
h25b-

The only thing I edited out was a bit of information that really didn't need to be aired on this board. I didn't edit out any of my views - they are still there as evidenced by the quote in your post. At least be honest while you're bashing me.

Starman said:
h25b-

The only thing I edited out was a bit of information that really didn't need to be aired on this board. I didn't edit out any of my views - they are still there as evidenced by the quote in your post. At least be honest while you're bashing me.

What did I say that was not true ? You're right it was pretty stupid make those comments on a public board. You were probably reigned in by some of your "brothers" . :rolleyes: Doesn't matter, I think it's still there for the record since I quoted you before you removed it.

If your local would just pick a stance and post it on www.asapflightdeck.com it would at least seem like your membership is unified. Do you have ANY additional information ??? We're ALL waiting.

h25b -

No one reigns me in. I have no additional information either.

I haven't posted much in the past few days because I was out flying. Some of us actually have a job to do versus hanging out on this message board all the time.

Starman said:
No one reigns me in.

All evidence to the contrary... I thought you were one of those "my union speaks for me" dudes ...

Starman said:
I haven't posted much in the past few days because I was out flying. Some of us actually have a job to do versus hanging out on this message board all the time.

I do seem to have a lot of spare time lately, but I do have a job... I must be one of those "less productive" pilots... :confused:

Last edited:
aeronautic1 said:
... Not only do you not have the GUTS to strike...
Go ahead, I dare you... STRIKE

And that post right there shows what you know about the RLA. Unlike Unions under the NLRA, RLA Unions MUST get released for self help prior to job actions or such job action are deemed WILDCAT and illegal.

Not a good idea besides the fact that striking has nothing to do with guts. It has everything to do with preparation and this group is becoming more prepared with each passing day.

You should support us. It would be good for the industry. That would be good for you (if you are a pilot).

Geez h25b, you're kinda grumpy!

I don't know why you're so dang touchy....YOU haven't been waiting for over 3 years for a contract that is commensurate with the duties performed for the biggest fat cats in the US. The current CBA was implemented back in 1998 when there were fewer than 500 pilots. Let's see....the pilots should have had a new contract in 2001, and they would now be working under another new contract as of 2004. Am I wrong? I'm sure someone will clarify my dates, but you get the gist of it.

If you're wondering why Netjets pilots are acting a "little out of sorts", it's because THEY'VE HAD IT. Unfortunately, something very creepy happened under the old MEC's leadership....we're not quite sure exactly what happened, but we've got a few ideas about what went down. One thought that has come to mind is that they fell victim to the Stockholm Syndrome. (Sort of like many (not all) of the Netjets employees in Fort Fumble.) During their reign, all kinds of covert, mysterious, ultra secret stuff took place. Management loved 'em....sorta makes you wonder, doesn't it?

The new MEC is working diligently to obtain the best contract that the outstanding Netjets pilots deserve. Some people don't like that very well. I think that this thread started as a "heads up folks". The Netjets pilots are represented by new leadership and they're willing to do whatever it takes (legally) to bring this contract battle to a conclusion. I'm not sure why you seem to want "specifics" from the pilots, and you're getting all smarmy about it. You'll find out in time what's what. (Um, don't believe everything you hear from BB.....he's just a high paid shill.)

If you're all worried about your job, then how do you think the pilots feel? Maybe you're OK with the wages that you earn....maybe they're proportionate to the kind of work that you do. (OK, I'm maybe mixing you up with Familyguy) The pilots want to get compensated for the kind of work that they do as well. Yeah, yeah, I know..."they knew what the pay was when they took the job". Weeeellll, they were also told that a new contract was "just around the corner", and it would have significant increases which would make living away from their families for half of the year less stressful. They also run the risk of losing their licenses, or medicals, at any time, along with the possiblity of creating a black, smoking hole with Mr. & Mrs. Thurston Howell III onboard. If you have an accident at work it's probably from tripping on the carpet, and you're not going to die.

The pilots are tired of being lied to and THEY WANT A CONTRACT.

I'm sikntired

*forgive me for saying Fort Fumble....I wouldn't want to work there because it must be stressful. BUT, It Is What It Is.

*The Definition Of Insanity: Doing things the same old way, but expecting different results

sikntired said:
They also run the risk of losing their licenses, or medicals, at any time, along with the possiblity of creating a black, smoking hole with Mr. & Mrs. Thurston Howell III onboard. If you have an accident at work it's probably from tripping on the carpet, and you're not going to die.
That's a bit condescending, isn't it?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back