• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, that's not a job - that's a responsibility she bought into.

Hey English,

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** off.

It is a team effort. If my wife ever decides to add her opinion you will shut your mouth and listen. Any spouse that puts up with this industry has every right to speak their mind.

AND another thing. I could not pay my wife enough money for the wonderful job she does with our children. Yes, it is a responsibility. And one they (njawife and my wife) gladly do day in and out. A job that a great majority in this country ducks and avoids.

You can not pay enough money for someone to be a Mom.

Now go crawl back into your hole.

Very interesting thread. Ranging from stunning ignorance and delusion to numerous well thought out comments.

Ladies and Gentleman, I have no dog in this fight but from someone who spent 25 months on a picket line may I give one piece of advice. These days, you never, ever leave the cockpit. Especially with the set up of this company and their abiltiy to farm out flying, management will cut through this walk out like a hot knife through butter.

BTW...this won't be popular but it was a lesson we learned the hard way. Pilots don't own the airplanes. If any of you think that this QS registration "are our airplanes" mantra will stop a dedicated union busting effort, you are in for a very rude awakening.

Last edited:
Fozy,

I don't have any problem with netjetwife speaking her mind.

I have a problem with her speaking her husband's mind. And, her calling charter pilots who fly NJ trips scabs.

netjetwife said:
G100 Driver, please reread my post above yours. Didn't I basically just do as you request, complete with the thanks for the kind words? My post was directed at Kilroy who HAD expressed concern and asked a question. I felt that he deserved an answer. From now on, as far as this subject is concerned, I'll be replying only to posts like that. The union's position has been made known (yes the explanation I posted came from the top) and I'm under no illusions about the feelings of SOME--how many remains to be seen-- of the charter pilots. We have agreed to disagree, and I DO understand their reason, just as I see the NJ pilots' reasoning.

Quoting from the May 10th NY Times--"Steady growth is being seen in fractional shares, in the hiring of charter business jets, and in time cards...." In this article we learn that NJ saw a 28% increase in their contracts in 2004, over 2003 levels. Now it is only fair to address business for THIS year, as well. According to Mr. Santulli, "The demand we've had in the last four to five months has been incredible."

A RISING TIDE SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS--FRACTIONAL AND CHARTER

ALL PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE PAID ACCORDINGLY

You might want to read the 10Q, as revenue from fractional share sales was off pretty significantly (more than 30% over 2004) at NetJets in Q1. The "demand" Mr. Santulliwas referring to was in flight hours, and that high demand led to a whole lotta charter. That charter costs a lot more than what the owners pay to get their fractional hours, and cost the company millions. The fractional model is broken, and NetJets management simply hasn't got the market power to support higher wages for the pilots. Customers will simply go elsewhere, until the entire fractional segment is priced correctly. There is no "rising tide" in this business.

Fractional is a time-building career step for pilots, period. It never, ever will be anything else. The customers simply don't value it enough to be more than that. Some might, but not enough.

Number$Cruncher said:
You might want to read the 10Q, as revenue from fractional share sales was off pretty significantly (more than 30% over 2004) at NetJets in Q1. The "demand" Mr. Santulliwas referring to was in flight hours, and that high demand led to a whole lotta charter. That charter costs a lot more than what the owners pay to get their fractional hours, and cost the company millions. The fractional model is broken, and NetJets management simply hasn't got the market power to support higher wages for the pilots. Customers will simply go elsewhere, until the entire fractional segment is priced correctly. There is no "rising tide" in this business.

Fractional is a time-building career step for pilots, period. It never, ever will be anything else. The customers simply don't value it enough to be more than that. Some might, but not enough.

Reeks like former MEC to me...

English- NJW is not speaking her husbands mind- she is speaking for herself and has said so many times.

Boeing man- for some it is not a cockpit but a box office:)

I'll say it again and again.

Fly a QS tail while on Strike you're a scab.

Fly a charter while we're on strike you're just doing your job. No harm no foul

Please don't alienate guys out there that aren't in the same position we are in regards to union protection.

I'm not trying to alienate, only inform. The union's position was posted on the ASAP board several days ago. The MEC member that wrote the post did so as a clarification to earlier information/posts on the subject which were made before the IBT had given Local 1108 guidance in this strike area.

While, it may not be the personal opinion of some of the NJ pilots posting here; nonetheless, it IS the position of the IBT and of Local 1108. It is only fair that other pilots are informed that this decision WAS MADE AND IS POSTED on the NJASAP board. It doesn't seem right to give those affected by flying struck work false hope...:( NJ pilots can find the post in the HB section. If the chance that the NJ pilots will have to strike increases in coming weeks, we will all hear (or see, as the case may be) more on the subject--whether we want to or not--I'm afraid.

I should think that getting "blind-sided", by a repercussion they were told they didn't have to worry about, would do more damage than simply apprising someone of the situation.

Latest resources

Back