Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FamilyGuy said:
Thank you....that's exactly what I've wanted for some time now. I've never understood the tendancy of people to get on these public forums and use it as a tool to tear down the company and disparage its leaders. It serves no good purpose and only inflames the emotions of everyone in the company and related industries.

People should recognize what's going on and realize that negotiations are a process that is best left behind closed doors and between the appointed representatives of both groups. You'll never gain anything by trying to negotiate in public. Also, airing our dirty laundry in public and tearing down leaders of both sides by making disparaging comments will only make it harder for everyone to get back to work and be productive once this process has been completed.

Also throwing out threats from within your ranks to other sides of aviation will not help your cause either. I only got into this thread because of actions directed at me personally, by those of NJ inside the 'tent'. If you are going to retreat to private make sure all of your business is private, and not attacking those outside of your company. Thank you.

Also throwing out threats from within your ranks to other sides of aviation will not help your cause either.

Whether we, (NJA pilots) like it or not a determination about 'struck work' will be made by IBT and 1108 at the appropriate time. Until then it's all guess work.

x402 said:
Also throwing out threats from within your ranks to other sides of aviation will not help your cause either.

Whether we, (NJA pilots) like it or not a determination about 'struck work' will be made by IBT and 1108 at the appropriate time. Until then it's all guess work.

True, however threats have been made, and continue to be made regardless. Lastly the IBT is your union, and if you as a collective body don't view 135 as strike breaking then the IBT as your voice won't either. They answer to you, not vice versa. Make your union voice reflect what the majority of you guys believe, and silence the few yahoo's out there who may see it different. They are the ones causing the grief and all of your bad reputations out here. I have no qualms at all with the rational and forward thinking NJ pilots. However, none of you can hide behind the position that 'if the IBT says so then I have to go along with it'. Can you see where I'm coming from? Your PR rep is in your hands.

Viffer said:
True, however threats have been made, and continue to be made regardless. Lastly the IBT is your union, and if you as a collective body don't view 135 as strike breaking then the IBT as your voice won't either. They answer to you, not vice versa. Make your union voice reflect what the majority of you guys believe, and silence the few yahoo's out there who may see it different. They are the ones causing the grief and all of your bad reputations out here. I have no qualms at all with the rational and forward thinking NJ pilots. However, none of you can hide behind the position that 'if the IBT says so then I have to go along with it'. Can you see where I'm coming from? Your PR rep is in your hands.

Haven't you noticed, they pick and choose when their union speaks for them.

aw, hell, Momma told me not to say anything if you don't have something nice to say...

IBT, Airline Div and 1108 with the aide of Counsel will define struck work. As a member I can have my say until a decision is made. If their decision really offends me I can go fly for someone else.
I haven't tossed around the scab word, nor will I. It's serious business I hope we'll never have to deal with, but we will be prepared.

Geez...

... who are you guys kidding? Not only do you not have the GUTS to strike for what is right, you do not have the finacial wherewithall to last out a strike. BH knows this and that is why they will not negotiate a standard rising contract.

Not when your contemporaries in the frac and regional end are working for below par wages. Plus, there is a pilot GLUT out in the market.

Go ahead, I dare you... STRIKE

If there are a glut of pilots on the market than why cant netjets hire any of them. Out of 20 job offers offered to a interview group 3 took it.

There is a standard turnover of 5-6 pilots from indoc to aircraft training.

Yeah there is a glut out there and they won't even accept a job with NJ. Or they have less than 2500hrs.

If you don't think we have the guts to strike here you don't know us. We're ready and prepared. Is the company?

aeronautic1 said:
... who are you guys kidding? Not only do you not have the GUTS to strike for what is right, you do not have the finacial wherewithall to last out a strike. BH knows this and that is why they will not negotiate a standard rising contract.

Not when your contemporaries in the frac and regional end are working for below par wages. Plus, there is a pilot GLUT out in the market.

Go ahead, I dare you... STRIKE

Yeah, pilots like you with 5 hours in 40 types. How's that right seat workin' out for ya? Idiot, watch our dust if we're released next week.

H2b what's the deal with your current position as car sales?

Did you lose your job flying? Is that why you are so bitter towards NetJets? There are a lot of companies hiring. If I lose my job at NJA I already have another job waiting. In fact I have had numerous offers from other flight departments. They seem to like the experience and high qualifications that NJA crews have.

I have been preparing for a new job ever since Boisture arrived. I researched his background and made a determination that he would probably be the death of quality service at NJA. So far I have been right. The owners that I fly everyday seem to be in agreement. The oldest customers at NJA and the senior pilots such as myself both agree it's time to go elsewhere. Too bad the crappy management had to ruin a good thing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back