Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
El Chupacabra said:
Omni Omni VOR. I have always believed there are always paybacks. I much rather be you than anyone who who crossed the line.... I rather fly non-sched from Willow.

A few years ago I took a jumpseat on Continental. The Captain welcomed me into the cockpit. He introduced himself. I am Frank, he said. Oh this is Bill... he's a S....

Not how I would have liked to complete a career at a major.

So yes I rather be you... then Bill.

Again WOW. I am amazed that adult professionals would be so concerned with what others think. This sounds like high school. "cross this line and I'll kick your ass". I got in alot of fights. I always took that challenge. The fact that you would rather have a sh$t job than have some dork pilots not talk to you for something you did in '83, wow.

The only reason I would ever NOT cross a picket line, is if I believed in the cause. Otherwise, any union could strike for any reason (right or wrong) and I would blindly follow. Brings us right back to your first post. Kinda' sounds like blind faith.

But yes, you are right. It's not directly my fight, don't work for NetJets, never been in a union, etc. But really, don't be so insecure and don't worry so much about what others think (except your loved ones).

Ace

El Chupacabra said:
Good question. The line will still be there.

I actually believe that is exactly the plan. When we strike everybody will be fired. We are prepared.

How long will it take to train and relese to the line 2100 pilots?

Good morning Mr Owner. I am Capt Jim. I just got my Citation X type rating yesterday. This is great. A few weeks ago the biggest plane I have ever flown before was a Cessna 441. I am not too sure how all these buttons work on the FMS. We're going green needles today.

...and what was NetJets pulling in before the strike? experienced pilots? try flight instructors with a little padded charter or freight time....who else would work for those wages? an experienced corporate pilot? hardly....maybe someone sick of a regional but thats about it.

shiiit buddy, ....a 441 pilot wouldnt come work for your 24K/yr!!!! he/she probably makes 2X that on his 441!

awww man here come the corporate pilots chiming in explaining to us how the world is.

STMFD.

Hey, El Chupacabra

If I fly my a/c, for my owners, on my 135cert., operating under my op. specs. you will call me a Scab.

well I believe as do many attorneys, that you statement is "Slanderous and Malicious, Causing Undue Stress and Mental Anguish."

SCAB a : a contemptible person b (YOU) (1) : a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2) : a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3) : a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike.

Last time I checked I have not interviewed with NJA, I am employed, happily I might add. I aint taking you job. I am just doing MINE.

Chew on that, toast me, and start walking.

P.S. LAST OWNER I WORKED FOR, SOLD THE A/C AND BOUGHT A SHARE. AND PUT ME OUT ON THE STREET.

YOU MY MAN ARE MY SCAB.

noturgearb!tch said:
Hey, El Chupacabra

If I fly my a/c, for my owners, on my 135cert., operating under my op. specs. you will call me a Scab.

well I believe as do many attorneys, that you statement is "Slanderous and Malicious, Causing Undue Stress and Mental Anguish."

SCAB a : a contemptible person b (YOU) (1) : a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2) : a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3) : a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike.

Last time I checked I have not interviewed with NJA, I am employed, happily I might add. I aint taking you job. I am just doing MINE.

Chew on that, toast me, and start walking.

P.S. LAST OWNER I WORKED FOR, SOLD THE A/C AND BOUGHT A SHARE. AND PUT ME OUT ON THE STREET.

YOU MY MAN ARE MY SCAB.

They seem to all be backing away from their previous SCAB making threats for the sell-offs...

shiiit buddy, ....a 441 pilot wouldnt come work for your 24K/yr!!!! he/she probably makes 2X that on his 441!

Now that is funny! Seriously,I would love to meet the tool that crosses that picket line for those wages.

LMAO:D ,
Johnny

So true! It's not worth the risk that the NJ pilots are right and those who fly "struck work" will wind up wearing a scarlet letter that they can never shake. Far better to be sick that day. It'd be so much better if all of the pilots could stand together and present a united front that would bring a successful resolution that has the potential to raise wages across the industry. What if the srtike ended very quickly? Would it have been worth it to cross the line? I think not.

I feel badly for ALL underpaid pilots and believe that corrections need to be made. As always, someone has to lead the way. Please consider lending support to a cause that is bound to raise the bar for pilots outside of NJA, as well.

netjetwife said:
So true! It's not worth the risk that the NJ pilots are right and those who fly "struck work" will wind up wearing a scarlet letter that they can never shake. Far better to be sick that day.

If, by this, you are saying that all pilots that are doing charter sell off flights in the even of a strike should just call in sick and/or refuse to do the flights....you're way out of touch with reality.

I don't think that anybody that works for THEIR charter company, doing 135 sell off trips that just happen to be paid for by Netjets, is in any way a scab. If they fly NJA aircraft, then YES - they ARE a scab.

Those charter pilots don't have a dog in this fight, and quite honestly, I don't think half of them would have a clue that NJA pilots were on strike. Don't even try to perpetuate the lame threat that all pilots that fly any NJA charter trips are scabs.

I put the words "struck work" in quotation marks to let you know it is something I've been told. I've also heard that the charter pilots DO know when they're flying a NJ job. The idea of calling in sick came from my husband. I can see how the idea of winding up a scab would be a sickening thought. He would never cross a line and there are, doubtless, many other pilots out there who would refuse to as well. I am not trying to perpetuate anything. I'm merely asking pilots to lend their support to a worthy cause, and expressing an opinion that it wouldn't be a risk worth taking, IMHO.

netjetwife said:
I put the words "struck work" in quotation marks to let you know it is something I've been told. I've also heard that the charter pilots DO know when they're flying a NJ job. The idea of calling in sick came from my husband. I can see how the idea of winding up a scab would be a sickening thought. He would never cross a line and there are, doubtless, many other pilots out there who would refuse to as well. I am not trying to perpetuate anything. I'm merely asking pilots to lend their support to a worthy cause, and expressing an opinion that it wouldn't be a risk worth taking, IMHO.

This is where you are quickly eroding whatever outsite support you might have. NOONE outside of the fractional industry will EVER support your efforts if you continue with that ridiculous SCAB threat BS (which is exactly what it is). This talk has turned me from first truely supporting your efforts to now frankly not giving a s^&t if you ever get a raise...

As for the calling in sick for a NetJets sell-off trip ... This really shows me that your husband (to which I am greatful for his military service) doesn't have a clue about how life outside a fractional is. Geez, your ignorance is astounding lady.

Remember... It's always better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you're ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubt... This is clearly the case here. Next time your husband gets a bright idea like this one, keep it to yourself to save yourself the embarassment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back