Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wndshr said:
. i don't know...just a guess!!! LOL

Are you virtually laughing at your own joke? That's truly gay; as is "LOL" to begin with. Unless of course you're a fourteen year old blogger chatting with all your fellow Star Trekkies!

wndshr said:
well tony c....i am glad you asked! please don't take this personally, but rather as a lesson to those with similar career profiles as yourself. we all know who they are!!

i am curious what makes you the resident "expert" in commercial PASSENGER aviation.....without commercial PASSENGER aviation experience?

at ease...........
Well, wndshr, if I had claimed to be an expert on commercial passenger aviation, or if I had been making a comment about commercial passenger aviation, then your comments would be on point.

I made a comment about the fuss that B6 pilots made about RJ rates, and the consequent changes made - - NONE.

What type of credentials do you suppose would qualify one to make such an observation?

Redmeat said:
No what is "truly" gay my friend is your avatar.

Oh, snap!

(sorry, but that's what they said 'back in the day' :D)

TonyC said:
Well, wndshr, if I had claimed to be an expert on commercial passenger aviation, or if I had been making a comment about commercial passenger aviation, then your comments would be on point.

I made a comment about the fuss that B6 pilots made about RJ rates, and the consequent changes made - - NONE.

What type of credentials do you suppose would qualify one to make such an observation?

Here's what I think. I think TonyC is a legacy reject that landed at Fedex because he couldn't get hired anywhere else...and now struts around the grocery stores in his uniform spouting off about how he is the highest paid in the industry. He applied during the big hiring boom, couldn't get a job, finally applied at Fedex, had some recommendations from his "call sign buddies" (which they still use everytime they speak to each other, like at bars, during phone calls, and family functions) and got hired. Shortly after...his shat doesn't stink, he is the industry expert, and goes around saying "ya, while all you were going to the legacies...I had a vision and went to Fedex. (beats chest) Me cool, shat no stink!! Tony, there are a few of you dorks at every airline...I bet my buddies at your company groan when they have to share a flight deck with you. Keep your drivel going though...you are approaching General Lee Wrong territory! Tool.

IB6 UB9 said:
Here's what I think. I think TonyC is a legacy reject that landed at Fedex because he couldn't get hired anywhere else...and now struts around the grocery stores in his uniform spouting off about how he is the highest paid in the industry. He applied during the big hiring boom, couldn't get a job, finally applied at Fedex, had some recommendations from his "call sign buddies" (which they still use everytime they speak to each other, like at bars, during phone calls, and family functions) and got hired. Shortly after...his shat doesn't stink, he is the industry expert, and goes around saying "ya, while all you were going to the legacies...I had a vision and went to Fedex. (beats chest) Me cool, shat no stink!! Tony, there are a few of you dorks at every airline...I bet my buddies at your company groan when they have to share a flight deck with you. Keep your drivel going though...you are approaching General Lee Wrong territory! Tool.
:)

I take it you're not a big fan of your RJ rates, either.

:rolleyes:

radarlove said:
Mmmmhmm. Tell me all about this 250 per quarter.

Radar,

The 250/quarter thing is one of the measuring sticks JB crew services to guage how much you are flying. Commercially were all limited to 1000 hours in a turbojet, so they figure that to stay on pace and not time out you should not do more than 250/quarter. Supposedly they'll call you up and discuss other options with you (bid min schedule, fly a reserve line, or some other plan) to get you back on track to not exceed 1000 hours in a calendar year. So far, Ive never heard of anyone being asked to have that done. With vacation and training (either recurrent or upgrade) its usually not an issue. Ive heard of people going way over 250 hours in a quarter and not being called. For most people, that's way to much work. Its all about credit hours, not the amt actually flown.

Latest resources

Back