Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
zkmayo said:
Radar,

The 250/quarter thing is one of the measuring sticks JB crew services to guage how much you are flying. Commercially were all limited to 1000 hours in a turbojet, so they figure that to stay on pace and not time out you should not do more than 250/quarter. Supposedly they'll call you up and discuss other options with you (bid min schedule, fly a reserve line, or some other plan) to get you back on track to not exceed 1000 hours in a calendar year. So far, Ive never heard of anyone being asked to have that done. With vacation and training (either recurrent or upgrade) its usually not an issue. Ive heard of people going way over 250 hours in a quarter and not being called. For most people, that's way to much work. Its all about credit hours, not the amt actually flown.
Are you talking about 250 BLOCK HOURS per quarter? I've screwed up if I fly that much in a YEAR!!!

wndshr said:
TonyC said:
Do you have anything to contribute that is pertinent to the topic?

What does my background have to do with anything?

:rolleyes:

well tony c....i am glad you asked! please don't take this personally, but rather as a lesson to those with similar career profiles as yourself. we all know who they are!!

i am curious what makes you the resident "expert" in commercial PASSENGER aviation.....without commercial PASSENGER aviation experience? most of the bubbas i have flown with and jumpseated with at the legacies....and even B6 know when to "shut up and color" when it comes to understanding the true economics of the passenger airline industry. they learn A LOT while sitting next to ol timers who have been through 5 airlines and 2 furloughs from jobs they were promised to retire from! you can't GAIN experience from reading all the books....just as you can't assume the job as captain by reading FLYING magazine! EXPERIENCE is what gives you credibility.

if i wanted to know how many gallons of gas a KC135 holds?....i would ask the tony c....cubic volume of one of those fedex plastic things that goes into the back of the plane?...ask tony c. what is the max radiation exposure that you are allowed over a certain period of time? ask tony c. what is a sort in MEM? VMO on a 727? etc etc.

unfortunately, your lack of experience in commercial passenger aviation cannot go unnoticed. your opinions and comments don't seem to have any basis that is relevant in this particular sector of aviation...that is why i am GUESSING there is a CARGO forum on flightinfo??? i don't know...just a guess!!! LOL

anyway, please don't be discouraged from commenting but i am sure you are aware that your opinions are not only free, (you get what you pay for!!!) but they come from no real understanding of an industry for which you have no experience.

remember....EXPERIENCE EARNS CREDIBILITY and RESPECT...not the other way around!

at ease...........
It looks like he was smart enough to avoid the pax business. . . .

TonyC said:
:)

I take it you're not a big fan of your RJ rates, either.

:rolleyes:

TonyC, you need to spend a little more time outdoors. Dude, you fly all night and still have time for over 3500 posts? Get a life.

Tony's callsign in the AF was "Tanker TOAD."

I find it unusual that so many FedEx folks feel compelled to pontificate on how jetBlue pilots should be careful about working without a real contract. Meanwhile, unionized pilot groups all over the industry are getting taken to the woodshed and sodomized with theirs. The most recent one appears to be Polar Air (Atlas)...an ALPA carrier. It's funny I don't see Tony over there sharing his spectacular insights among his own cargo brothers since their problems have a potentially greater impact on his own future than JetBlue ever will.

hoya saxa klhoard, and tony c

for the sake of your bretheren with the SAME career profiles......(take a moment to digest that.......) you guys are embarrassing good men out there who know when to "watch, listen and learn."

Last edited:
Daedalus said:
Tony's callsign in the AF was "Tanker TOAD."

I find it unusual that so many FedEx folks feel compelled to pontificate on how jetBlue pilots should be careful about working without a real contract. Meanwhile, unionized pilot groups all over the industry are getting taken to the woodshed and sodomized with theirs. The most recent one appears to be Polar Air (Atlas)...an ALPA carrier. It's funny I don't see Tony over there sharing his spectacular insights among his own cargo brothers since their problems have a potentially greater impact on his own future than JetBlue ever will.

NICE

;)

Last edited:
wndshr said:
hoya saxa klhoard, and tony c

for the sake of your bretheren with the SAME career profiles......(take a moment to digest that.......) you guys are embarrassing good men out there who know when to "watch, listen and learn."
Yeah, it seems we all "watched, listened and learned" BEFORE we got into the game. . . . .
(take a moment to digest THAT). . . .

IB6 UB9 said:
had some recommendations from his "call sign buddies" (which they still use everytime they speak to each other, like at bars, during phone calls, and family functions) l.

That is just too funny!

Tip Tank said:
I've been reading around on these boards and I'm sure the truth is out there, but between everyone taking a swat at JetBlue and a lot of misinformation, I'm still a little confused about the 5-year contract.

What is it? Is it a promissory note (IOU) or what? What is the penalty for leaving (should one choose to do so)? Is the company obligated in any way in the contract or is it simply a retention tool to control turnover? What happens after five years (I hear that some of the first to sign the contract are coming up on their five year anniversary)?

Looking forward to a straight answer.

Thanks fellas,
- TT

TT,

The bottom line "to me", is that our 5 yr agreement is a no-brainer and non-event. There's really nothing to it. You sign it, file away your copy, and go about your career.

The contract I signed when my cable TV service was installed is more complex and more binding.

DW

klhoard said:
Yeah, it seems we all "watched, listened and learned" BEFORE we got into the game. . . . .
(take a moment to digest THAT). . . .

please remember klhoard...

you must EARN the respect of your civilian counterparts at fedex, ups, dhl etc. respect is earned ONLY by experience, for which you have only a very limited amount of.

please don't make the mistake while in the cockpit of pontificating about an industry that represents complexities far beyond your level of understanding....your counterparts sitting next to you will greatly appreciate it!

good day son!

Latest resources

Back